Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

BadgerGold

Mar 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, I am a new member from WI and am a newer miner. I kept finding myself coming back to this site again and again reading thread after thread from Google, I decided wow the people on here are great. Everyone seems to be very kind and are awesome about sharing their ideas/info. Good luck out there hunting, and am glad to be a member finally!

cmthunder

Mar 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I'm from Maryland, been detecting about 9 yrs. Mostly interested in Civil War, but also detect some Revoulutionary sites.

Undrgrnd

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2013
Carlisle Pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, Total noob from Carlisle /Gettysburg area, look forward to learning and... finding of course :)
Cheers

kellygang

Mar 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All. Just signed up. I am currently in China but spend most of my time in Australia. Previously many years ago I was bitten by the Gold Bug long before detectors came into being. I am considering on my return to Australia taking up prospecting and have been on the verge of buying a detector for years but I cannot seem to justifythe price of Mine labs offers. We all know they are an Australian company but for the life of me they would have to be doing some manufacturing offshore by now and assembling in S/Aust. In China factories are offering the same detectors taht is they say so ???? for around US$1100. I know they are copies I also know Minelab's is the best technology and they invented it but like an author of a book how much are they getting as a premium. I am interested in others opinions as I am certainly not an expect if the technology side but I do understand business and on the surface I feel the asking prices are not justified. Comments please.

Mar 17, 2013
Central NH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As my name states, I live and work in New Hampshire. I work in silver as a part time jewelry maker. I am a professional driver as my main income. I have had a past interest in metal detecting and am now moving forward. I am buying my first detector and thinking of three detectors and I am thinking of either the Tesoro Vaquero or the Tesoro DeLeon and maybe the Tejon. I like to buy something that if I tire of it or want to upgrade, I wouldn't have any problems reselling it. I also like the idea that the Tesoro line of detectors has you learning the craft/art of metal detecting or treasure hunting and it seems more seat of the pants type of detecting and learning. If there is something I should be aware of in detecting techniques in NH, any help would be appreciated. Is there a local "club" in NH ? Any input of my detector selection would be a big help too.
I'll poke around the site to see what I can find for info and I am looking forward to fun exciting new hobby !! Thanks in advance for any help and advise .

ChrisNJ

Mar 23, 2013
Burlington County
Detector(s) used
CZ6a
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone, I was a member of this site throughout the 90's up until I got married and my time available had petered away. All of a sudden I cant wait to get out there again as the fire has blown bright again. I did belong to a great short lived local NJ and PA club "Insurgent Gopher Hunter's" that got me out again in the mid 2000's I think it was. But I am once again in search of some silver and colonial coins and buttons.

Jimthetoolman

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2013
Lake City florida
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster, garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings everyone!

I am a newby!

I live in north florida near Branford Florida.

I am new to the hobbie but have wanted to get into metal detecting for ever. I love history, ( and find that I see my surroundings in a whole new historical light).

I am hoping to find someone near me (or a group) that I can get involved with to learn from and share our mutual passion.

I am finding a lot of good information on this website. And am glad that you're here!

So, don't just sit there reading; drop me a line!

(May all the holes you dig be filled with treasures!)

rwj

Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello eveyone, Last year was my first year metal detecting. I just bought a cheap harbor freight mt and I really enjoy the hobby. I purchased a garrett pin pointer and all I can say is WOW! I am looking into buying a Garrett ATpro for this next hunting season. I live in kenosha wi almost on the il boarder and just 3 blocks from lake michigan. Looking forward to many hours of good reading on this site. Happy Hunting!!

ZombieDog

Mar 24, 2013
Chicagoland
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello there fellow treasure hunters...Brand new to all of this and I am looking forward to chatting and making new friends. Chicago burbs here so most of my hunting will be in the Great Lakes and old farms...Now all I need to do is find an awesome used water proof detector. Please contact me if you are selling and I also would love free advise from all of you old pros .
Thank you and happy hunting

RRoberts

Mar 17, 2013
Oswego, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I'm from Owsego ny, new to this site and new to the hobby. I enjoy read the posts and seeing what others have found.

fireredz28

Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody, Im from Nebraska. Ive been lurking on the site for a while now but just became a member. There has been alot of good info on helping me narrow down my choices for a new detector. Thanks to all who have posted about the GB dp, Omega 8k and F70!

2Gemforks

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, 2Gemforks here from Hawaii. Interested in bottles and collectibles from all over the world especially Hawaii and the old west. This site looks very informative and I'm excited to be a part of it!

madmax75460

Mar 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I live in North East Texas (Paris) and would like to meet people in the area to go hunting with. Got my first detecter and ready to find some interesting treasures from the past.

yojuyo

Greenie
Mar 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, actually I am not new to this site, I had posts pictures and in " Digital Cammeras thing I had activelly expementing on that thread" and had my photograph posted and updatedbut after 3 years I had busy on sumting and when I came back I cant log in to my account. Anyway its nice to be back.

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ed here,
Metal detecting Upstate NY for a while, Just trying to figure out how to navigate this web site.

chili501

Mar 29, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm not new to detecting but have yet to find anything good. I'm planning on purchasing a garret at pro so I can hunt the beaches as well as look for relics. By the way I live in Virginia Beach VA USA. If anyone has info on the at pro they would like to share I'm listening.
Thanks

nico

Mar 29, 2013
Doncaster
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
I'm a total novice with metal detectors and I've just bought a fisher f70. I can't weight to get some finds in the Doncaster area Uk. Done all the read-up, but need some practical.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread