Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

3stooge

Greenie
Apr 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apr 24, 2014
peoria, arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello! im a noob. originally from michigan, now in phoenix az. tough coin shooting in az. cant wait to go back to michigan to do some detecting.

Cory940

Apr 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and new to metal detecting and have always wanted to get into it and think it's time .. This site is Awesome with the added pictures of people's treasure! Really Looking forward to the hobby ....happy hunting!!

VintageRod

Apr 27, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Michigan newbie. I have prospected Colorado with a pan, but new to detecting. I plan to work Michigan, Colorado gold country, Arizona gold country, and Florida beaches. So far I am rich with aluminum scrap! Hope to do better with practice.

gordonhere49

Apr 28, 2014
Northern Maine USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone:)

I am Gordon from Northern Maine. I do not have a metal detector yet but hope to soon. I've been watching many you-tube videos over the winter and certainly have the fever now:) Looking to have a good time here and soon get my detector. Nice to meet you all:)

Gordon

aztrezhunter

Apr 28, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 Garrett Freedom Ace 1950's Whites MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, newbie here from Arizona. New to the site but not new to metal dect. Nothing better than to find stuff in the ground. My oldest coin so far is an 1854 large cent. The ground here in Arizona is rough to dig in. I am org. from Illinois.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site and metal detecting. I recently started and found an 1884 nickel here in central PA. Is there anyone else from central PA area?

wiryrunner

May 4, 2014
NY & PA
Detector(s) used
White's Di 6000 (years ago)
White's MXT All Pro (currently)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, new to the site. I guess I started a new thread on the first try, as I meant to post an introduction. Hopefully I am in the right place now.

Hello Fellow Treasure Hunters! My name is Rob. I am just now coming back to the hobby after a 30-year break. I just purchased a White's MXT All Pro in March and so far, unless the machine came defective, it is clear I need some schooling on how to use it. My last detector was a White's Di 6000 that I had great luck with, especially finding silver coins. I much prefer finding old relics and old coins over "pocket change." So much more fun to look in a hole and see that shiny glint of silver!
If anyone in the network would be so kind as to offer some pointers on how to fine tune the MXT All Pro, I would much appreciate it. At this point I'm almost ready to send it back to White's.
Thanks, Rob

walker614

May 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Newbie here. Been detecting for a little over a month now. I have a AT Pro with the 5x8 DD coil and just found my first silver today at the local fairgrounds. Hope to find some cool OLD finds with my new found hobby. I have always liked metal detecting. My Grand father used to dabble at it but I don't think he ever got real serious about it. Just something to do with the grand kids. But now I am looking forward to MDing with my kids.

Chris W.

cgjohnboy

May 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I am a history nut and have been in the military for 15 years now. I love to dig and find old relics. I will have a lot of plantation questions. I am currently digging a site in louisiana and will need some help.

evtech2

May 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Northern Indiana!!! New to this forum and fairly new to metal detecting. Started with a White's Classic ID. Finds included a 1920's Walking Liberty, gold chain, and a 1960 gold class ring. Recently purchased a VX3. Received it and out the door I went! Wow!!!! Searched an area I had actually gridded with the older unit and found a 1956 dime in near perfect condition. Definitely hooked!

rachana

Apr 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needing your expertise

Hi to all,

My name is Camille and I live in Lebanon.
My village is called Asmar Jbeil in reference to Jbeil city ( Byblos).
Above our house there is a Phoenician Castle that was occupied by all civilizations that occupied Lebanon.

Near to my house ( down the hill around 400 meter from the castle ) there is an old stone cutting area ( most probably for building the castle). The area is approximately 200 sq mt but is full of signs. There is also a grave in the same area. Some tell us that the signs are for this grave, others say that this grave is not the real one and the signs are for a royalty grave , some others that there is a tunnel between the castle and this area ..etc..

So I thought getting your help in explaining some of the signs.

saralo123

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Orangeville Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster GT, garrett pin pointer, prism dd 4x6 coil.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello everyone. I am new to this site. Thanks for having me. I'm from Ontario Canada. Looking forward to making new friends who share the same interest as me and look forward to sharing my finds.

Amos Moses

May 12, 2014
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amos from Southeast Texas, here! Been at it for a while now, but just joins TN and got another machine, White's M6... Things' a coin BEAST!

RonV

May 15, 2014
Montour Falls, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
J.W. Fisher pulse 8, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member, I am retired and getting back to Metal Detecting. I would also like to meet other detector enthusiast in North Georgia.

damien41

May 13, 2014
Stillwater NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett GTI 2500 Eagle pinpointing, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT pro super sniper coil. Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. New member and I live .5 miles from the Battle of Saratoga. If anyone has any helpful info about maps from the late 1700's on The Battle of Saratoga, that would be very helpful. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to drop a msg. Thank you.

Pistol60

Greenie
May 16, 2014
Baytown, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New member to this site. I've been in M/D/ing for several years now retired and am having a ball. I live in Baytown, Tx. and am a member of a local MD club. Just trying to expand my horizons in this hobby by joining your site. I welcome anyone in the area who wants a hunting buddy. My most exciting find in my years has been a Civil War Union Naval button. I'm still in process of trying to get it authenticated. None of my requests have been returned. If anyone knows of someone in the business I can contact I'd sure appreciate it. Looking forward to sharing pics, info and stories with you all.

Deedeemacaw

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2014
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone! I'm new to metal detecting. I really haven't started as yet. My new AT Pro will be delivered next week. I can't wait to get started. I just retired and March and watched a lot of the Youtube videos. The history aspect of this area really interest me. Thanks for letting me join, I sure I will be asking for help in the near future.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everyone! I'm new to metal detecting. I really haven't started as yet. My new AT Pro will be delivered next week. I can't wait to get started. I just retired and March and watched a lot of the Youtube videos. The history aspect of this area really interest me. Thanks for letting me join, I sure I will be asking for help in the near future.

I see you are a retired librarian. Your skills in research will do you some good. Welcome!

Cap Stone

May 16, 2014
USA
Detector(s) used
My favorites are (Garrett 5000 & Garrett ATX) I have also used various others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am new to this site and really like it so far. I have been involved in mining for several years one way or another and I enjoy looking for treasure as well. I do hope I get a chance to meet some wonderful and knowledgeable people on here. Bar 18 - 20 CTS.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread