Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi :-) Thanks for adding me to your site...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard!

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I live in Arkansas and I know nothing about metal detecting but I have always wanted to start .My grandfather passed on and left me a whites 6000 di/pro sl with a blue max deep scan 950. I have read the manual a few times but am confused as ever. Where is a good place to start with this machine or should I buy something newer?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I live in Arkansas and I know nothing about metal detecting but I have always wanted to start .
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Arkansas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

My grandfather passed on and left me a whites 6000 di/pro sl with a blue max deep scan 950. I have read the manual a few times but am confused as ever. Where is a good place to start with this machine or should I buy something newer?
tn_metal_detector.gif
Sorry about your loss. A good place to start is jumping over to Brands > White's and asking for help.

GAPPapa

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2020
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi site looks interesting. Always been a rock hound. Have alot of interesting finds I could use help identifying. I live near mount shasta spend all my free time traveling looking for new treasures.

ugly_plugs

Jan 30, 2020
PA - Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Nokta Makro Simplex
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New member from central PA, re-kindled interest in metal detecting. Starting out again with a Garrett Ace 400. Thanks!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi site looks interesting. Always been a rock hound. Have alot of interesting finds I could use help identifying. I live near mount shasta spend all my free time traveling looking for new treasures.
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone I'm Sara Moore I will start to event about the shipping.
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Bill1234

Feb 6, 2020
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy All! My name is Bill from San Antonio, Texas and new to the hobby. I'm looking forward to mastering on how to metal detect. I own a AT Pro from Garrett and plan to join a local club. Anyone in the SA area that would like to be a mentor would greatly be appreciated. Look forward to the chats and website. Good luck hunting!

twilight

Feb 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello i am new to this site i will be joining a club in st Louis mo area meets every third week on a Thursday of the month i have had a few detector,s one was a Garrett,s 30 year,s ago i can see that they have come a long way since then. i am joining a club to help show me the better detector for what i would like to do. i also have a scuba licence and also my own gear , also panned for gold , gem hunting , digging for bottle,s bought artifact,s of different time period,s , i live in western mo close to the Illinois line if any of you that might be interested in furthering any of this i would be open to talking with you i do work a lot so be patient if i do not get back with you soon i do look forward to talking with people on this site twilight

Feb 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm a 70 year old, retired metal detector from Maryland, near Washington D.C. I just received my first machine, and am working my yard. Finding LOTS of nails, steel, aluminum, and whatever nails.
Now I'm looking beyond the yard, and finding chilly responces from local governments. Either I don't know, or no respnce at all.
I'm hoping for some help finding out about local detector sites, and about equipment.
I now have an intro machine, the Discovery 3300, and will be hoping for more sophstication if things work out, i maintain interest, and I live so long.

CrapOla

Feb 10, 2020
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. From CT - been detecting for few years - look forward to seeing and hearing of your finds for the new year. Be safe

Alexprice30

Feb 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, my name's Alex and I'm 32. I've been collecting junk for my whole life and love searching for anything valuable. I'm in utility construction so I get my share of opportunities to dig lots of random places and I like to keep my eye out for antiques and gemstones, couns etc. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread