Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just signed up. Went out on my second trip ever using a metal detector earlier this week and getting hooked.!

Welcome from upstate NY! This is the place to be...lots of help and advice.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just signed up. Went out on my second trip ever using a metal detector earlier this week and getting hooked.!
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! My name is Kelley, I?m new here! I?m mostly fossil hunting, but also collect minerals, rocks, and gems!
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Last edited:

MDH

Sep 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Searches
Thanks for letting be be part of OUR GANG !
NOW LETS FIND THAT MILLION DOLLAR PIECE !

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Thanks for letting be be part of OUR GANG!...
tn_md.gif

Last edited:

Monty 0013

Oct 23, 2021
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hello everyone, thanks for the add. I have been an avid follower of developments on Oak island since reading an article in Nat geographic magazine, some 40 years ago. I have some theories about discoveries in and around the swamp but this post is just to introduce myself. Thanks.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone...
tn_md.gif

Last edited:

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hello, I am a new member from New York. I use a Minelab Equinox 600 and I love detecting.

RGforrest7

Nov 19, 2021
Hello, Treasurenet. I’m a retired professional firefighter who has a property in a (very) rural area of ”deep South“ U.S. on which I intend to eventually move/live on. This brings me to the initial reason for my renewed interest in metal detecting. I am in dire need to find the water connection to the local public water system… I know; you’d think that would easily be done by the local water system authority. Due to “whatever reasons”, they don’t have, or cannot find, the records of the connection (box and shutoff valve) that was done some 15 or so years ago. They also don’t seem to be very interested in locating it themselves either. I DO KNOW that it was placed there, as my own Mother and Brother verified its existence before they passed away several years ago. Anyway, my immediate need is to be able to locate a fairly large ”BRASS” valve so that the water company doesn’t try to charge me for installation of a new one. The issue is made more difficult — aside from being over 15 years from anyone’s recall — in that it could be anywhere along a rural roadside with countless metal objects strewn about, over a distance of about 150 yards. Add to this that I am a complete novice with metal detectors, and that I am using a metal detector that is likely older than the waterline connection! (Picture below. There isn’t even a name brand on it.)
Does anyone know what “signals” or indications might help identify the large brass valve? Does brass resonate responses at a particular frequency that might could help find it? Any help will be greatly appreciated as it will save me around $500+.
Thanks in advance for any aid in this matter.

Attachments

• 4D1D3AC6-289D-4E7A-91F1-84F12E045762.jpeg
    4D1D3AC6-289D-4E7A-91F1-84F12E045762.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...has a property in a (very) rural area of ”deep South“ U.S. on which I intend to eventually move/live on...need to find the water connection to the local public water system...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard - you didn't list your state in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and post your need for help, etc. in your state...

Elite1

Tenderfoot
May 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (if necessary)...
Sorry it's been a while, but I'm back and don't see where to click on my area. Thank you.

Nov 24, 2021
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Whites MX Sport,
Hello All
Decided to finally join a detecting forum! To further my knowledge about this brilliant hobby. I'm and old dog learning new tricks in regards to prospecting as well adding a side of relic hunting to the mix that detecting can afford in a proper manner! Looking forward to expanding a New World!

MFF18B

Nov 24, 2018
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro’s: Bandido II µMax, Mojave
Nokta Makro: Legend
XP: Deus 2
Minelab: Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All...
tn_md.gif

Nov 26, 2021
Hello! I've lurked for years and years and have yet to register and post anything but I figured it was time to join the fun. I thoroughly enjoy hunting state parks in Florida, meteorites in Wisconsin and giant field owned by a radio station in my back yard where I've gained permissions to hunt on from the CEO. Here is an image below of the field and forest behind my house that I hunt regularly. Lots of interesting finds there. I should have many things to post from both past and present here to see what you all think. I hope you all enjoy, and also my name's Chris. Happy hunting.
IMG_0975[1].jpg

EDIT: Anyone in Florida, mid or south Florida, feel free to hit me up and send a DM or anything always looking for buddies or information on places to hunt.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet, glad to have you with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions