Well I am sort of back and need your help

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a knee that needs replaced, really tore up, Ortho dock said while I am to young (bless him) for a knee, mine is needs it, trouble is the VA, I have been dealing with this knee for to long, well almost a year now! I can hardly walk at times, kneeling is a fantasy and once in a blue moon my knee gives out, and of course tremendous pain.......All that being said, still waiting on VA for replacement and the Orthos doc put in for arthroscopic surgery just to see if he can get me relief while we wait for new knee..LOL only been 45 on that request....

I aont gone out to detect in forever, I do lovingly gaze at my machine often.LOL

I got an idea and been practicing with the bum knee on how I can detect and the wife is going to help dig (as long as she dont keep my finds...).

So here is what I am hoping for, I got both the HF coils and from what I read the elip is what I will use, so can a couple fo you guys shoot me a coin program for the elip that I can use as a starting point please? I will be in modern trash or old trash (Ghost town)...... I know there are programs and all and I could search but I am so darn behind in reading here since I did not want to torture myself reading about what I couldn't do...

Appreciate it guys!

SJ

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i don't have a program for you Jim but I can tell you to write or call our senator about your VA delay. I just had to do that and after waiting a long time for a procedure and contacting my senator it got approved pronto. Our senators are sensitive to our Veteran concerns right now so don't be shy about asking them for help. Good Luck and keep us posted if it gets approved.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not use the HF coil for cherry picking coins - I do have a coin program for the LF coil that I could PM you, (a friend shared from one of those classes last year), wouldn't work with the HF because there's notching and tone breaks that will not correspond with the number the HF gives.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i don't have a program for you Jim but I can tell you to write or call our senator about your VA delay. I just had to do that and after waiting a long time for a procedure and contacting my senator it got approved pronto. Our senators are sensitive to our Veteran concerns right now so don't be shy about asking them for help. Good Luck and keep us posted if it gets approved.

he's not kidding, they can really help get things done and done fast

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had one go after the VA for my medical records so I could get a copy, took the VA 2 years to comply with the Congressional request.....

Jim

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not use the HF coil for cherry picking coins - I do have a coin program for the LF coil that I could PM you, (a friend shared from one of those classes last year), wouldn't work with the HF because there's notching and tone breaks that will not correspond with the number the HF gives.

Appreciate it, I was looking for the HF as I seen people having luck with them and more depth.

Jim

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a 1-800 direct to the president. VA loves it when you call it. I use elbow and wrist braces when needed. You may just get a knee brace for extra support.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate it, I was looking for the HF as I seen people having luck with them and more depth.

Jim

I actually do not think, because of the laws of science and physics, not me or my opinion.........that the HF coils hit coins, especially silver, deeper than the LF coils. Science states that the lower the frequency, the harder / deeper it will hit on silver coins and or higher conductors. Higher frequencies will hit lower conductive targets, gold coins, lead bullets, harder and deeper.

And this is what I'm seeing from using my LF coil for a few years at a site then going back over it with the HF coil - no more silver coming out of the ground but a lot more buttons, suspender clips / buckles, bullets, crotal bells, and other lower conductive relics

What I think is happening though with people finding deep silver with the HF coil is it will punch through tougher mineralized soils, elevated iron and separates better than the LF coil will, possibly giving the thought of it going deeper because the LF coil didn't hit the silver coin originally.

That said, I have not put my LF coil back on since I got my HF elliptical when they first came out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread