Well, I've never found a mercury dime in the ground but...

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just moved to Beverly, Ma. My 9 year old granddaughter wanted to detect our back yard... using a vlf children's detector I kind of let her lead...she was very excited to find nails...then she recovered a 43 mercury dime! At first I was skeptical but she has better eyesight than me...bingo! I think she's going to be my new metal detecting partner.... I've only found silver in coinstars so she beat me to it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20221023_135109823.jpg
    IMG_20221023_135109823.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20221023_133300576.jpg
    IMG_20221023_133300576.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20221023_134028921.jpg
    IMG_20221023_134028921.jpg
    722.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20221023_133250598.jpg
    IMG_20221023_133250598.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 54
OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! If there is one there is a good chance it has friends. Keep detecting your yard.
I did get a few more signals but had to leave...quite a few nails in there too. :). As far as I know the soil has not been changed so I'm hopeful more interesting finds will pop up.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Beverly is an old area, I think you’ll be surprised what pops up. Let me know if you want to hit some old spots in Massachusetts, I have a couple big permissions and there’s a few good beaches you by Beverly

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beverly is an old area, I think you’ll be surprised what pops up. Let me know if you want to hit some old spots in Massachusetts, I have a couple big permissions and there’s a few good beaches you by Beverly
Thank you Joe-Dirt, very kind of you...I would love to... Still unpacking and getting internet on Monday...but I'll definitely be in touch!

Last edited:

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just moved to Beverly, Ma. My 9 year old granddaughter wanted to detect our back yard... using a vlf children's detector I kind of let her lead...she was very excited to find nails...then she recovered a 43 mercury dime! At first I was skeptical but she has better eyesight than me...bingo! I think she's going to be my new metal detecting partner.... I've only found silver in coinstars so she beat me to it. :)
Congratulations to you both! The memories of hunting together will far outweigh the value of anything you might dig. 😊

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to you both! The memories of hunting together will far outweigh the value of anything you might dig. 😊
Thank youTomW244, you are spot on...I consider it a real blessing. That's one of the reasons my wife and I moved here.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome. I now have a grandson that sometimes detects with me. Don't care if I find anything good or not.
Maybe a new detector under the tree this year?
Located all the change machines there yet? Good luck on that.
:) So far the Walmarts and Shaw's and Stop and Shop are it for coinstars...I managed some clad but it didn't feel worthy of a post...
I think I will be looking to upgrade detectors...I did find that the Danvers public library had one to check out though... I've got a couple children's detectors stored here for the grandkids already for them to practice with....

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_122616355.jpg
    IMG_20221021_122616355.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 18

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) So far the Walmarts and Shaw's and Stop and Shop are it for coinstars...I managed some clad but it didn't feel worthy of a post...
I think I will be looking to upgrade detectors...I did find that the Danvers public library had one to check out though... I've got a couple children's detectors stored here for the grandkids already for them to practice with....
Good grandpa!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now you have moved to the Historic East Coast you should be able to improve your older finds!

Congrats to the Grand-Daughter on the Silver.

The detector really made me laugh when I read the 'Trash Eliminator' function. So funny, as there really isn't such a thing, but if you going to use the sales pitch 'TREASURE DETECTOR' then it makes perfect sense. Just tune out the Trash & tune in the Treasure - Simple!

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now you have moved to the Historic East Coast you should be able to improve your older finds!

Congrats to the Grand-Daughter on the Silver.

The detector really made me laugh when I read the 'Trash Eliminator' function. So funny, as there really isn't such a thing, but if you going to use the sales pitch 'TREASURE DETECTOR' then it makes perfect sense. Just tune out the Trash & tune in the Treasure - Simple!
Chuckling now...I enjoyed posting that pic...I think I enjoy using that more than my tesoro. :)

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I’d had a metal detector as a kid. Think of all the places and yards you could get permissions for as a sweet little smiling kid! Congrats to the OP for getting a detector in that kid’s hands!🤠

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I’d had a metal detector as a kid. Think of all the places and yards you could get permissions for as a sweet little smiling kid! Congrats to the OP for getting a detector in that kid’s hands!🤠
I had one but didn't really have access to old properties, land etc...or knowledge on how to cut/dig properly...and lost patience of course. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions