hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a book called Placer Gold Deposits of New Mexico. by Maureen Johnson.
I don't know how far you are from ABQ but Mama's Minerals sells it and Mama also has a web site
and probably sells it there also.
What's your location. The book is divided into counties and districts.

grzbear

Oct 18, 2007
michigan - western up
Detector(s) used
harborfreight stud finder
There is a book called Placer Gold Deposits of New Mexico. by Maureen Johnson.
I don't know how far you are from ABQ but Mama's Minerals sells it and Mama also has a web site
and probably sells it there also.
What's your location. The book is divided into counties and districts.

anybody know if there are restrictions on highbankers or dredges on blm claims ? not much info on the net.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
anybody know if there are restrictions on highbankers or dredges on blm claims ? not much info on the net.

I don't think so if you have an actual claim. dig away. If you mean high banking on BLM land you might have to call or write.
There is gold here but NO WATER, Most gold recovery methods require water and that's why most prospectors abandoned
New Mexico.
I don't look for gold so have never researched it. But having spent time on the BLM I have yet to rub across any human
types.
I forgot exactly but if memory serves there are 15million sq miles of BLM land here and a bunch of wilderness areas.
Easy to not be found.

grzbear

Oct 18, 2007
michigan - western up
Detector(s) used
harborfreight stud finder
my claim should have enough water flow to run a small dredge---i did call the blm and highbankers were ok , dredges need a permit. and your right about( Easy to not be found.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread