Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just finished installing the 1.08 update to both my Legends it only took me 17 hours to finally get it to install, and I have no clue why it finally installed I must have tried at least 200 times there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why it was so difficult to get it installed, I started at 8 am yesterday 7/5/2022 and finally got it to install at 1 am today 7/6/2022 what a dang head banger

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I searched Google and found a trouble shooting guide for Legend Updates. Haven't a clue if it would have helped ya.

Windows
1. Disable your antivirus program.
2. Plug the device into a different USB port, if your computer has more than one, to see if the problem is specific to one port.
3. The right drivers must be installed.
4. Type "Control Panel" into the Windows search bar and select Control Panel.
Go to Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings.
Find USB Settings, then drill down to USB selective suspend setting.
Disable the options next to On battery and Plugged in, then click Apply.

You must then restart your PC to stop it from turning off the USB ports unnecessarily.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I searched Google and found a trouble shooting guide for Legend Updates. Haven't a clue if it would have helped ya.

Windows
2. Plug the device into a different USB port, if your computer has more than one, to see if the problem is specific to one port.

You must then restart your PC to stop it from turning off the USB ports unnecessarily.
I no longer believe it is worth it to keep having these same issues with each update. Sorry fella's

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
tn_link.gif

Windows

Trust me it would not have helped I did everything that you posted several times and nothing would work
when it finally did work there was absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why it finally worked

the other thing that was strange when it finally did work it was out of the blue I did the same thing I had done the first attempt the last try I plugged one of the Legends into one of the USB ports and a pop up came up saying the USB device was not recognized this was after I had the installer tool up on the screen and the Legend was in update mode so I unplugged the legend and shut it down cleared the up dater tool from the monitor and then plugged the legend into a different USB port put the legend into up date mode again selected the updater tool and bin file and it worked so I thought ok it should work on the second Legend but no plugged the second legend into the same USB port that had just worked and I get a pop up that reads does not recognize the USB device so I unplugged the second Legend cleared everything plugged the second legend into the first USB port that would not work for the first Legend and wa La was able to install the update this all happened at the 17th hour

now you explain this I believe there is something seriously flawed in the update procedure for the Legend that Nokta?Macro needs to address

I love the Legend but I do not want to have to go through this every time a new update comes out

tometusns

Feb 16, 2013
Carthage, Mo.
Detector(s) used
e-trac, AT pro, XLT Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some have trouble and some it just loads right up. Sorry you had trouble. I was fortunate with all the updates so far.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So can someone tell me what you gain with this new update?
Go on the Nokta/Makro website. I believe the choices are Detectors, Underwater, Legend, Updates. When I saw the list of changes I decided to wait and see how this update was being received by some of the more experienced members. I'm sure Terry Solomon and some of the others will be giving their observations soon. Please.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go on the Nokta/Makro website. I believe the choices are Detectors, Underwater, Legend, Updates. When I saw the list of changes I decided to wait and see how this update was being received by some of the more experienced members. I'm sure Terry Solomon and some of the others will be giving their observations soon. Please.
Yeah, i have the same thoughts....i dont use the Legend but my son does and with his limited experience i dont know that "changes" would be great for him right now. He is doing very well with the machine and really has no complaints so i kinda feel like if it aint broke dont fix it.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So can someone tell me what you gain with this new update?
I can give you a few observations I have after the 1.08 install so far

I took it out into my front yard today spent about an hour and a half trying it out my first observation is the TIDs seem much more stable, cant really comment on depth because nothing I dug up was really that deep, keep in mind I have just moved into the house and property I currently live in its 1.6 acres but because of getting settled in I am just now able to start detecting this property, I have hit it one other time very quickly for about 20 minuets and also a park across the street which the park was built sometime in the 1800s at least that is what the sign for the park says, I have not hit the park at all, but will eventually
but back to my short try with the Legend after I installed the 1.08 update again the Target IDs seem to be much more stable the one thing I also notice is the ground balance numbers seem lower then the first short hunt my GB numbers the first time were up in the mid 80s and this time they were in the 50s not sure why the drastic change or the fact we have had some rain or what, anyway in the hour and a half I dug up a few clad pennies, two quarters, five dimes and a old looking medallion will the deepest target I dug was a quarter at around 7 inches, I will say that so far the new update seems to be good but only time will tell I was running in park mode in M1 sensitivity of 17 also in factory default setting I had not really set up anything in the legend yet but I will do that at some point you really cannot learn much after only using the Legend for an hour or so after a new update but over all I think I am going to like the new update but only time will tell, will update more as I get acquainted with the new 1.08.

the one thing I did not like is how long it took me to install the new update

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at the update on the Nokta web site, again, it does say to Dis-able any anti-virus program, not crazy about that but O.K. Do I understand right?; that after the update, you then push and hold to factory reset? Does that not undo the updates, or is there something else I do not understand.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I looked at the update on the Nokta web site, again, it does say to Dis-able any anti-virus program, not crazy about that but O.K. Do I understand right?; that after the update, you then push and hold to factory reset? Does that not undo the updates, or is there something else I do not understand.
I did everything that was stated to do, several times like I said there was no rhyme or reason as to why it finally did install after 16 hours
I will say I also installed the 1.09 update and it went smooth as silk unlike the 1.08 update the 1.09 I had installed on both mine and my wifes Legends in a matter of seconds

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? There is now a 1.09 update? Should I even bother with the 1.08. Oh boy o boy.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What? There is now a 1.09 update? Should I even bother with the 1.08. Oh boy o boy.
yes there is a 1.09 if you have not updated to 1.08 I would just do the 1.09 which will also include the 1.08

The 1.09 corrected a small issue of target IDs changing, like for instance a nickel in the 1.08 was ringing up 22-23 i believe when people would change the ground balance values with the new 1.09 a nickel now rings up a solid 26 which is where it should be across all ground balance values and in all modes that is what the 1.09 corrected

here is also a new updated to 1.08 user manual for you to view and print out

The Legend User Manual (EN)ViewDownload

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dilek also stated on a live video there will be a few things like threshold in the next update, or possibly a seperate update but she was not sure which but the next huge update Nokta/Macro is thinking about letting all of us that have purchased the Legend test and report back on, and then put out a final version for the next big update from all that is reported, this one I am not sure about, can you imagine a bunch of new dictorist reporting things when they have no clue and is just starting to learn about detecting, myself i am happy with the testers they have been using to test the updates, Nokta/Macro and the testers have given us a fantastic detector and it is only going to get better and better as long as they do not dumb it down

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished installing the 1.08 update to both my Legends it only took me 17 hours to finally get it to install, and I have no clue why it finally installed I must have tried at least 200 times there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why it was so difficult to get it installed, I started at 8 am yesterday 7/5/2022 and finally got it to install at 1 am today 7/6/2022 what a dang head banger
Greetings. Here is what I discovered during the update journey. It's possible that the legend uses a different kind of usb driver, in my case, windows 10.
So this is what I did to download the legends updates.
Apparently nokta may use a cp210x to uart bridge vcp driver. Which is not loaded with windows natively.

I didn't see anything on their website to explain this driver issue, perhaps they assumed all systems come with this.
Certainly the manual does not address this issue.

Here's is one source of cp210x usb driver. Nothing worked until I read the error reports of why my computer was not recognizing the legend. There was no matching driver on my system. The very first (newest) on the list worked instantly and flawlessly.
Hopes this helps. Sorry if the links aren't coming up proper.

CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread