what about the newest minelab fbs?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Jason in Enid said:
Until one of the other companies has something close to the E-Trac or Excalibur, why should they roll out a new machine? They seem to be having problems keeping up with demand for the current models.
And they can't keep up on repairs either....

I can only speak about the last 5 years, but in that time Minelab repairs have always been from 10-21 or so working days from time of receipt, considering the fact they only have one repair facility and a couple repair techs that is about right.

See how long it takes someone to get a Tesoro Tiger Shark or Sand Shark coil issued repaired, last I heard it was running 18 months, and they are not being returned with the ability to change coils in the field which was always one of the big selling points of their water detectors. 21 days is nothing in comparison........
Yes but that was one time this with Minelab is a ........on going thing year after year.....

One time :dontknow: the Tesoro problem is 18 months old now and it is still on going. I have been dealing with Minelab for over 5 years, I have own 5 Minelabs and sent only one of the ML detectors in, sent it in 2 times of which one of the repairs was due to my letting the detector fall and hit the concrete cracking the coil. Both times the repairs took less then 21 days round trip..........
Your lucky read all the horror stories that has happened to other Minelab owners that sent there detectors in.And you never bought a new Minelab you always got the ones made in Australia or Ireland.....used......

One of my Minelabs, my first Sov GT I bought brand new, the custom water proof Sov GT, I bought was close to new RJ built it with a new Sov GT.....You only read about detectors with problems, no one posts about the new detector that works......
But you never bought a new one made in China......It has been years since you bought a new one you won't buy a new one.

I don't buy new detectors for the same reason I don't buy new cars, why pay full dollar, you lose too much in value when new...... I can buy used detector, keep it for 4, 5, 6 years and sell it for what I paid for it, or damn close......I paid $475 for my last Excal I bought, what could I get for it today, $700-$800 :dontknow: It has nothing to do with the quality, it is economics.......Heck, I just bought a brand new, never installed JVC 1000 watt home theater surround sound system for less then 50% of what it would cost in the store.......

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
Man i would have to sell every thing i own to put a down payment on that..................I think you said.... $350,000,000.00......... But it might be worth it to find that silver dime or wheat penny. :icon_scratch:

Good stuff Keppy. I like it alot. Nobody would buy my fantasy detector anyway, and if they did, even for 2000 beans, they would still have to go home and take a very long and serious look in the mirror.

OP
OP
M

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
Personally, one MAJOR change I would like to see is... aside from waterproof is the ability to decide at what point 2 tone/ 4 tone changes tone, and not just straight lines... a friggin zigzag if I want... change in expert mode with OPTION to go to factory preset, but ULTIMATELY let the operator/ consumer decide the break points....

DEAN

goldinmyear

May 25, 2009
So. OREGON.
Detector(s) used
GP-EXTREME, LST, XLT.
I'd like to see Minelab come out of the closet.....so too speak
Why not extend the length of the shaft,Kind'a like what Gold Spear did, except lose the probe.
Telescopic or somthing,, would'nt that be somthing to see. No ground balance either, Just point it anywhere.
Most of us ar'nt kids anymore....Those hard to reach places would'nt be a burden anymore.
Well...Theres my 2 cents. HH. Tor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions