What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get back on that horse and ride.

Been sick, bed spins, fell and broke my nose . . . but never gave up.

Commitment!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cinnamon Flavored Rum. 1988 Monsters of rock. Made it through the concert... an hour later... I was leaning out the passenger window (while we were going down the freeway...) doing my best dragon imitation!

monsters of rock.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rum and coke , but not sick.
severe heart burn.

was my favorite drink with a Heineken or Molsen beer chaser in my 20's

after not drinking for about 10 years

I drank one & Got Chest Pain.
Drove home about 9 Miles , Thinking I was having a heart attack.
all the way home it got worse & Worse, But felt I had to get the Car Home,
in the House before Calling an Ambulance . the second I walked in the Door, all pain Left

I never took another Swig Of Alcohol

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrrg where do i start...

Lets see... first was Drambui... then Southern Comfort... Goldslager... Yagermeister... Tequila... (Margaritas at the Cuervo Gold Volleyball Championships did me in)

I think thats it... it was pretty evident after those that all i liked was Jack Daniels and pretty much any type of rum and to not stray far.

Can drink some Tangaray and OJ from time to time... but very limited amount.

Can drink most beers... mostly Stella... Brown Ale... sammy's...although Heineken only 3 till headache...

White Zin wine is fine... can drink bottles. :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rum and coke , but not sick.
severe heart burn.

was my favorite drink with a Heineken or Molsen beer chaser in my 20's

after not drinking for about 10 years

I drank one & Got Chest Pain.
Drove home about 9 Miles , Thinking I was having a heart attack.
all the way home it got worse & Worse, But felt I had to get the Car Home,
in the House before Calling an Ambulance . the second I walked in the Door, all pain Left

I never took another Swig Of Alcohol

WOW ! Been so Long I Screwed Up :laughing7: AARC's Mentioning Southern Comfort shook my Mind back in Place :laughing7:
The Beer Chasers were with Southern Comfort Nights :laughing7:
I used to Get Very sick By the end of the Nights. Always swore off Till the next time :icon_thumleft:

But I Did tell the Truth that the rum & Coke made me swore off all Alcohol.
Just no Beer involved that night. :coffee2:

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Jr year in high school, football buddies and I raided a a parent's liquor cabinet while they were out of town. I had no clue what I was doing. Started with Tickle Pink and moved on to Southern Comfort. It was 4 days before I could hold down solid food. Didn't drink again for a year after that.

Sr year in high school, river party, Boones Farm Strawberry Hill, coupled with MD 2020. Hung my head out the truck window all the way back. Buddy had to go to the car wash before heading home.

A couple of years after I got married, a buddy and I went to the pool hall while the wives were doing something else. Pitchers of beer became tequila shots. Middle of the night at home, I blew chunks over the side of the bed. Highly irritated wife used the vacuum cleaner to pick up the mess (I kid you not). Vacuum had to go to the trash.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peppermint schnapps. 1977. My GF at the time - who is now my wife, would take the glass of schnapps and return it with twice the volume. I did not question this apparent miracle at the time but soon found that the added volume was vodka. Ugh oh... When the pint of schnapps was gone, plus the pint or so of vodka, I managed to stagger out to my '65 Ford pickup, lower the tailgate and lie across it, head over the edge of the sidewalk. When her parents' guests left the New Year's Eve party, they had to walk past a real mess.

Never touched that stuff again.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20210624-202017_Google.jpg
Never drank before...so I ask my buddy how much do ya drink to feel drunk ? He says I don't know i never drank before either !! So we decided to split the bottle !! I drank my half in about 5 mins !! Then my pal drank his half. I decided (before I felt any effects) to sit down by the camp fire and eat a can of sardines, and wait to see what this getting drunk feels like !! .... ...... .......I still can't even sniff that stuff !! First and worst hangover I've ever had !! Should have probably went to the doctor !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1933543
Never drank before...so I ask my buddy how much do ya drink to feel drunk ? He says I don't know i never drank before either !! So we decided to split the bottle !! I drank my half in about 5 mins !! Then my pal drank his half. I decided (before I felt any effects) to sit down by the camp fire and eat a can of sardines, and wait to see what this getting drunk feels like !! .... ...... .......I still can't even sniff that stuff !! First and worst hangover I've ever had !! Should have probably went to the doctor !!

Nice touch , those sardines....:icon_pale:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread