What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tequila.

[FONT="]Tequila Night at Brother's Bar-B-Q, in Soho, NY, 1993 - Four of us had a bar bill of $730.00 that fateful night. I woke up the next morning on the floor in my boss' house, with a fake hand and a real cat curled up on my chest, and Matt's wife screaming, "Get him off my Persian Rug!"[/FONT]:skullflag:

I woke up face down in a snow bank with my junk still in my hand! My wife was so mad, she let me lay out there for a few minutes...she said, "serves you right."

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Comfort. Good stuff, but got sick on it in college, and have never been able to drink it since.

Now I stick pretty much to craft beer. Here in Chester County, we have many very nice ones, including Victory, which is trying to expand nationwide. It is also claimed that Phoenixville, the closest town to me, has more craft breweries per capita than any where else. Not sure if it is true, but that's what they say.

Come to Chester County for the craft beer, but leave your machine behind and the silvers for me :)

from what I remember Molson and Heineken Tasted like Flat Root beer as a Chaser after a shot of Southern Comfort

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels, sooo bleeeeck from 35 years ago. The worse? Home made hard cider hooch aged w/whiskey. The first liter went down smooth on my 40th home birthday party. Don’t remember much after that, took a three-day recovery, two of those days driving that porcelain stool.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 70's, Annie Green Spring, Mad Dog 2020. I'm much more refined now in my choice of wines!

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utica N.Y. 1976, ZZ Top backed up by Todd Rundgren? Lines were long to get in, me and my buddy drank a whole bottle of Wild Turkey while waiting to get through the door. All I remember after getting in the door is hugging a column under the bleachers, pants down and had it coming out both ends, after that waking up in the hospital with severe Alcohol Poisoning. Never touched alcohol again? I was 16

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems I was usually stupid, and eventually had to confirm ... I guess.
But there was one that I never felt the need to confirm.
MD2020. Was before going to a high school football game.

I would not have remembered it, but some mentioned it, and the memory came back.
Alcohol does not stay down very well for me.
Never acquired the taste for beer either. I drink mostly milk, coffee, and water now.
Chocolate milk is pretty darn good :)

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess at 12 yrs old when the sister-in-law gave me a wooden plaque to hang above the bed with the Serenity Prayer written upon it-it should of been a clue for what was to become a run(s).

26oz of gin during the course of a grade 8 learning-that taught me it wasn't fit for man or beast.
Waking up in the dog house after 28-6oz bottles of Baby duck wine. Upon the waking up it was the left overs, to yellow, to brown, to red. Oh the first few words of the prayer was repeated many times that day.
Having to visit the Corpus Christi emergency for alcohol poisoning but we had 14 off those tall glasses with the nude embossed lady-7 oz you got it free.(Don't know the split between me and buddy)
Rye = head bangers
I guess from trying a many different combos during the years of insanity it came down to the "Bacardi Light" On the runs it would be a 40 a day till the park bench life woke me up again.

Last run was was a 2 week black out woke up in another province after starting with the goodbye celebration in Phoenix Hotel (AZ)-36yrs ago on July 4th the blood runs clean to this day.

I've been down that rocky road, Dawg! Life sure is more enjoyable without it...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
''Waking up in the dog house after 28-6oz bottles of Baby duck wine.''

I used to drink a few cold ducks , is it the same thing? sickening sweet as I recall .

The other 3 wanted to drink it, I was too embarrassed to return it, so f's to the lot of you, I'll drink it 28/32.
Probably not the same after that one.
Man that stuff was like pop, and GSD SHED!
The idea of waking up with hair in the mouth was an under statement.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blackberry brandy and a bunch of beers. Fell asleep in the car, cop drove me home, probably tucked me in too. Next morning I step outside to go to work and my car wasn't in the driveway and I forgot what happened, you know what I mean. Then it started coming back to me so I ran the mile to the bar lot and there was my car. Made it to work on time!

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
" I'm from Milwaukee and I outta know that Blatz Beer tastes great wherever you....." throw up. Late 1960s.

My first real Barf-o-Rama in 1974 was complements of Amaretto! Never again.

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha i saw that show in NJ Giant Stadium big fan of every band. Some people decided to throw rolls of tp when Metalica came out. I rember seeing a guy light a chair on fire thowing broken chairs ahhh what a concert. Air was filed plenty of smoke..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread