What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used to play a dice game when I was at university. Two dice pass around the group. First person to throw a six names a drink (up to a pre-agreed price limit if playing in a pub). Second person throwing a six pays for it. Third person has to drink it. If you roll a double-six you might name and pay, pay and drink, or drink one and name the next one. Evil combinations were the order of the day and there's nothing more likely to give you the mother of all hangovers than mixing your drinks.

A few stand out in my memory but one stomach-retching thing I guarantee I will never drink again is "Guinness & Orange". Or anything mixed with Advocaat.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been down that rocky road, Dawg! Life sure is more enjoyable without it...

Totally agree with that one.
For 41 yrs I have a Cresent moon in the right eye when I look up at the sky.
Drank a $100 bill worth of $2 + tip shots at this restaurant.
They offered taxi, X girl friend offered to drive.
No I did the DWI, got cracked eye socket, pupil for being a ahole to a LEO. His MO was to get them when they were drunk, then smash the head in.
Certainly not a road trip that will be ever traveled again.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Southern Comfort!

It was 1970 and it was my first child’s, a son, first Christmas and I was stuck out on the Rock, aka Adak.

Feeling sorry for myself I drank myself stupid and woke up with the worst hangover ever on Christmas morning on the floor in the head!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems I was usually stupid, and eventually had to confirm ... I guess.
But there was one that I never felt the need to confirm.
MD2020. Was before going to a high school football game.

I would not have remembered it, but some mentioned it, and the memory came back.
Alcohol does not stay down very well for me.
Never acquired the taste for beer either. I drink mostly milk, coffee, and water now.
Chocolate milk is pretty darn good :)

Arrrg ! Chalk up another one !

MD 2020 ! ! !... How in the hell could I have forgotten THAT CRAP !... ranks right along side of the Boone's Farm.

AND !... About 5 BAD memories flashed through my mind when that letter number combo went through my mind.

Looking back... I drank a lot of that . :/ (15-16 years old)

***ARC starts getting nauseous***

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is in my opinion that the overall consensus points to at least one repeated mentioned alcohol ***AHEM***cough***Southern Comfort*** should be avoided.

In other words... IT SUCKS dogs arse.

And there are several others mentioned repeatably that seem to have the propensity to turn your world inside out.

SO !...

Take heed OR... HOLD FAST ! ! !

:P

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plain and simple. Ohio State vs Michigan, the day after Thanksgiving 1974. Harvey Wallbangers. Dry heaves for two days and I think all the wretching damaged my gut. I was actually so sick that I visited the hospital at Langely AFB, Virginia. I think I would get sick today if I smelled that drink.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised nobody has mentioned PBR…I remember there were days I’d pray to God that if he cured me of the hangover from hell, I’d never drink again…Pabst Blue Ribbon is some rock gut beer…I haven’t touched it since the late 90’s…lol

Ed T:)

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plain and simple. Ohio State vs Michigan, the day after Thanksgiving 1974. Harvey Wallbangers. Dry heaves for two days and I think all the wretching damaged my gut. I was actually so sick that I visited the hospital at Langely AFB, Virginia. I think I would get sick today if I smelled that drink.

Harvey Wallbangers, now there is a drink you don't hear of anymore! Every home needed a tall thin bottle of Galeano!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing ever. I never cared for the taste of anything I tried so rarely had more than one drink. After I reached my late twenties I just gave up and never ordered anything alcoholic.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems I was usually stupid, and eventually had to confirm ... I guess.
But there was one that I never felt the need to confirm.
MD2020. Was before going to a high school football game.

I would not have remembered it, but some mentioned it, and the memory came back.
Alcohol does not stay down very well for me.
Never acquired the taste for beer either. I drink mostly milk, coffee, and water now.
Chocolate milk is pretty darn good :)
Mad Dog 2020

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harvey Wallbangers, now there is a drink you don't hear of anymore! Every home needed a tall thin bottle of Galeano!!

I worked my college years at a large liquor store (called a "package store" in MA - at least back then in the 70's) and we hated those ridiculous Galiano bottles. I'm amazed more were not broken. It was a tough area. We were the only liquor store in town not held up at gunpoint. The closest competition had their night staff shot & killed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread