What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
makers grolsh.jpg
Sick?
Nah control brotha!!

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Many moons ago, when I lived in Phoenix, Az, I worked at a place called Keg Beer Unlimited.
Just worked Friday and Saturday nights. Used to deliver and set up kegs at parties. Once got them flowing good, would head back .... customer had to bring stuff back.
Anyway the walk in was kept at 30 degrees, or just below freezing.
And earlier, I said I never acquired a taste for beer, but that?s not correct, on those hot summer nights, right after closing, would pop the cap on a freezing cold Michelob Light. It would be liquid, but as soon as the top was removed, the bottle would freeze in seconds, then thaw in seconds. It was good like that.
I think they quit making it though.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Red wines.

Around 50 years ago, as a new 2LT with the 5th Cavalry, a number of us clever LTs had a great idea during Beef and Burgandy night at the Officer’s Club. Whoever could drink the most burgandy would not have to pull staff duty for the rest of the year, all the other LTs would pull it for the winner. Sounded like a great idea at the time. Well, I won! But, I was never so sick in my life and can’t touch any red wine to this day and I’m now 73 years old!

Last edited:

Louie D

Nov 16, 2018
The Motor City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is in my opinion that the overall consensus points to at least one repeated mentioned alcohol ***AHEM***cough***Southern Comfort*** should be avoided.

In other words... IT SUCKS dogs arse.

And there are several others mentioned repeatably that seem to have the propensity to turn your world inside out.

SO !...

Take heed OR... HOLD FAST ! ! !

:P

Sudden Discomfort

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some kind of Boones Farm wine when we were teenagers. Friends parents were gone and so a party ensued. There was other booze there but that stuff was nasty. Bathrooms were a biohazard the next morning and my friends mom was nuclear over the mess we left.

Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill was my first leaning-on-trees-and-barfing drunk. If you're gonna suck down that much, it's good to be outdoors near some trees. Great props, help save your dignity a little. Jack Black has done me in a couple of times. It made me ebullient until I couldn't walk or talk anymore. The last time was 1974, I wandered about the campground I was visiting, on Mt. Palomar if I remember, intruding on other campers, offering my help (?). I actually opened a camper door and walked in, asking the young couple if they "needed any help." The young man offered to kick my butt, so I wandered back to my pup tent, and passed out, half in, half out. When I woke up in the morning, my legs sticking out of the tent, got turned around and looked about, I was surrounded by Boy Scout tents. A whole troop had set up during the night, and I didn't hear a thing. They said they checked on me, but couldn't wake me up. Surreal. My last sip of Jack.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This takes me back 52 years! I turned 18 while in the Navy and that was the legal age to drink on base. My friends decided to celebrate my birthday by buying a big bottle of Old Mr. Boston vodka and some orange juice. We started drinking screw drivers and some of the guys were smoking. We were in a closed room and when the orange juice ran out we kept drinking straight vodka. They said I was laying on my back throwing straight up in the air so they put me on the shower floor, turned the water on and left me for a couple hours. Finally they put me in my bunk and I passed out.
I had to get up the next morning and go on duty where we were painting the inside of our office with oil base paint! I got the dry heaves and was hanging out a window when the officer in charge mercifully let me go back to my room and sleep it off. I have not drank or smoked since!
I get queasy just thinking about it!

Oh yeah, similar to my first and last run-in with screwdrivers. Just before I went in the Navy. I wasn't cured that easily...of the smoking or drinking.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i use to deliver many caca wines. Thunderbird,Nighttrain,MD 2020,Boones farm,Carlo Rossi, and many that are not around now.

AH Hah !

So your to blame !

I knew it wasn't my fault all those times...

and to think...

I told the toilet this was the case each time... and to forgive my decisions... and that it was my best friend from then on out...IF it could make it all stop../

And... of course... each time... i SWORE to those toilets that we would never meet like that again !

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
King Cotton Peach Wine when I was stationed at Fort Gordon, Georgia in 1968! It was cheap and rotgut! (Okay... I probably drank some more of it later because... it was cheap and rotgut!)

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshine...lol...I have never tried it due to some of the stories I have heard about it...Just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach...hahaha...

My grandfather was a moonshiner back in the day and my mom has told me some stories that have steered me clear from said elixir...Ya granny from the Beverly Hillbillies used it to cure most of what ailed her...

Maybe one day I just might try me some...hehehe

Ed T

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys im a very blessed man....we have a beautiful brewery and distillery here in the keys. This whole thing was started by my brother in law and a group of his friends. It all started kinda slow but we now are on fire and very popular through out Florida. We have a second ultra large brewery and distillery in ft. Pierce fl., and have a second line of products under the crooked palm distillery name. Its been so cool to have something so successful and so popular in our community and im probably the luckiest guy on the planet. All I do is drink free beer and liquor,....woooo hoooo !! We even have a spiced rum which i really love. We make vodka and gin also,and our rums are starting to win some golds at the big rum shows !! I've been real careful and have not gotten sick from over drinking our own products......yet !! Check us out when your in the keys....and enjoy our beer !!

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack Daniels
Never drank whiskey, chugged a pint just before going in a Led Zeppelin concert. The whole night was a blur, lost a bag of weed, wrecked my Dads new Pontiac Firebird, hit a telephone pole, if I wouldn’t have hit the pole I would have driven into a new car lot. Woke up the next morning with my head on a bloody pillow still half in the bag in the ER with my Mom and Dad looking down at me. Not too much to say on that ride home……the next day it was “man, you should have seen the sh!t you were doin last night, Cops impounded the car, never did find the weed… I was in a band at the time and we had a really important job that night so no way to cancel.I had to play with a bandage on the top of my head that looked like a fricken soup bowl with dried bloody, matted hair hanging down to my shoulders and being so hungover. Would have fit right in with Alice Cooper or Marylin Manson. NEVER AGAIN………..

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have never played "Ten Bubbles" with Thunderbird wine, ya just haven't lived. Ya pass the jug back and forth after exhibiting a "ten bubble" drink. The first one to pass out or hug the porcelain queen, loses. I was standing next to my buddy slappin' him on the back as he puked up his socks, asking him if he was quittin'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions