What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learnt when I was 16 that there's nothing good comes from drinking anything ending with "Jack". Did the Black jack, but I could not remember what happened with the Loganberry Jack.
Me and buddy rented a room to party in, we were late for the Monday morning work.
Not sure what happened blacked out for 2 days, it took a months wages to pay back my buddy for half of the party damage.
He doesn't remember either, went through 4 gallons though over the weekend.

WOW! Sounds like you and me coulda been drinkin' buddies! After we cashed our meager paychecks, we headed to Dorris, CA. to buy some hard liquor. Our fellow employee was 21 and we were both 16. I bought a jug of cherry flavored slo-gin and my buddy bought a jug of vodka. We drank the slo-gin and chased it with the vodka. This all happened on Friday night and I woke up Sunday morning. I was lucky I didn't die from alcohol poisoning. God watches over little kids and fools!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah .. No pity .. In addition to my father, I have seen alcohol ruin a lot of peoples lives, and kill a few, too. No thanks.
My gramps would pour himself a shot of whiskey and pull three shelled peanuts from the bowl, light a cigar that would last him all week, and that was it…”everything in moderation”, he’d always say. He lived to the ripe old age of 91 until he passed away due to an auto accident.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gramps would pour himself a shot of whiskey and pull three shelled peanuts from the bowl, light a cigar that would last him all week, and that was it…”everything in moderation”, he’d always say. He lived to the ripe old age of 91 until he passed away due to an auto accident.

Worst wreck I ever caused was a one car accident and I was sober as a Baptist reverend. I was wound up tight that day, probably just needed a drink...

Of course some people can take it or leave it, but some people can't take it and leave it alone.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Downed a half(?) bottle of ultra tasty Mad Dog 2020 as an alcoholic virgin in the early '70's in high school. My sister covered for me when our mother got worried about what I was "on" 😵‍💫and said, "Don't worry he'll be just fine in the morning!" Thanks Sis. No MD2020 since then.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Downed a half(?) bottle of ultra tasty Mad Dog 2020 as an alcoholic virgin in the early '70's in high school. My sister covered for me when our mother got worried about what I was "on" 😵‍💫and said, "Don't worry he'll be just fine in the morning!" Thanks Sis. No MD2020 since then.
MD 20 20 ! ! !

Arrrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr ug.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1647416921413.gif

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Red wine.
As a brand new 2LT, I was assigned to the 5th cavalry. On Friday nights the officer’s club featured beef and burgundy. On this particular Friday, the Brigade hosted an officers call and most all the officers in the Brigade were there.,..especially all the LTs. The bright idea among all us LTs was to have a competition. Whoever could down the most burgundy wouldn’t have to pull staff duty for the coming year! All the losing competitors would pull it for him.
Well, any cavalryman worth his spurs couldn’t let that challenge go unanswered.
I won….but in truth, I lost. I was never so sick in my life!!!🤢. That was in 1975 and I’ve yet to be able to pass a glass of red wine close to my lips. A good lesson learned by a stupidly courageous new 2LT cav guy! 😁

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red wine.
As a brand new 2LT, I was assigned to the 5th cavalry. On Friday nights the officer’s club featured beef and burgundy. On this particular Friday, the Brigade hosted an officers call and most all the officers in the Brigade were there.,..especially all the LTs. The bright idea among all us LTs was to have a competition. Whoever could down the most burgundy wouldn’t have to pull staff duty for the coming year! All the losing competitors would pull it for him.
Well, any cavalryman worth his spurs couldn’t let that challenge go unanswered.
I won….but in truth, I lost. I was never so sick in my life!!!🤢. That was in 1975 and I’ve yet to be able to pass a glass of red wine close to my lips. A good lesson learned by a stupidly courageous new 2LT cav guy! 😁
If you ain,t CAV, you ain,t s--t! Bumper sticker on my buddies truck.! 1st Air Cav,Vietnam. Him,not me!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
I once purchased a Chinese drink made from sorghum. I did not know anything about it. The bottle was a beautiful blue colour (some Aussie spelling there I know) at home we were thinking this will be lovely!
You have got to be joking, it was utterly vile, how anyone can like it is beyond imagination! It is a Chinese liquor called Baijiu. I, misses bailed out after the first shot, thought well I just spent 40 bucks Aussie on this rubbish I may as well drink it. It wasn't so much the effect that made me sick, rather the aftertaste which continued and tasting it well after each time I burped.
Supposedly a national drink that is brought out after a meal! Personally I think its a Chinese joke played upon us westerners! 😖

Baijiu

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in a small ranching community in Western Colorado . One of the the wild girls when her parents went out of town would throw a party.She would clean the bath tub out with clorox and after washing it all down. Then would be pored in ever clear and hawaiian punch with watermelon and pineapple all cut up it was called jungle juice. I remember all are car keys would be put away for the night what a party but in the morning omg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread