What Alcoholic Beverage Got You So Sick, You NEVER Drank it Again?

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
I grew up in a small ranching community in Western Colorado . One of the the wild girls when her parents went out of town would throw a party.She would clean the bath tub out with clorox and after washing it all down. Then would be pored in ever clear and hawaiian punch with watermelon and pineapple all cut up it was called jungle juice. I remember all are car keys would be put away for the night what a party but in the morning omg.
A bathtub full of alcohol! Iv never heard that ever other than one filled with ice and beer cans put in it. Wild girl is an understatement! 😆

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in a small ranching community in Western Colorado . One of the the wild girls when her parents went out of town would throw a party.She would clean the bath tub out with clorox and after washing it all down. Then would be pored in ever clear and hawaiian punch with watermelon and pineapple all cut up it was called jungle juice. I remember all are car keys would be put away for the night what a party but in the morning omg.
Substitute grape juice for Hawaiian punch and you have Purple Passion.Same results!

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So really, was that a thing to actually fill a bathtub with alcohol for a party there!? Like a giant punch bowl?
You bet that was a party we all got a long Chilli those were the old days.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
You bet that was a party we all got a long Chilli those were the old days.

Unreal, to think back in the 70s to mid 80s I worked at the Melbourne Jetport (now called Melbourne Airport) and could travel anywhere in the world for a few hundred bucks return. I shoulda gone there and party'd with you guys 😅

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tequila.

[FONT=&quot]Tequila Night at Brother's Bar-B-Q, in Soho, NY, 1993 - Four of us had a bar bill of $730.00 that fateful night. I woke up the next morning on the floor in my boss' house, with a fake hand and a real cat curled up on my chest, and Matt's wife screaming, "Get him off my Persian Rug!"[/FONT]:skullflag:
Lessee... Fifth of S.C. &4.5 Budweisers on a dory boat. Woke up next morning on the beach in front of my boat with one hell of a sunburn. Rowing back out through the surf hung over chumming all the way.

Drank a lot of everything in the Corps. Woke up in a lot of strange places, looking at the girl next to me saying gawd I hope I didn't.
One birthday shared a present (gallon bottle with a pump) of Cuervo with my Labrador retriever. She was on her side walking and getting upset cause she wasn't going anywhere. Laughed so hard I almost puked, gave her a bowl of kibble ,& milk. She puked and that set me off. Projectile vomiting was an under statement!
A friend & I drank a bunch of Cutty & at least three cases of Strawberry Ridge. Woke up walking down the street found a gas station with a road map on the window thought I was just a couple miles away in the next city. The you are here star was 46 miles away! To this day never figured out how I covered 46 miles in less than three hours from my friends house.
Friend gave me something from Newfound land called screech I think. He said this little glass will put your junk in the dirt I drank three, danged if he wasn't right!

1976 hung over realizing I had peed a whole paycheck away & next payday was a week away. Never drank again.

Only thing I miss is when doing something blatantly stupid I can't use the excuse Ah, I was messed up drunk when I did that.

Last edited:

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ain,t CAV, you ain,t s--t! Bumper sticker on my buddies truck.! 1st Air Cav,Vietnam. Him,not me!
“If you ain’t cav you ain’t shit! If you are cav you are the shit and your shit smells good!” Delta 4/7

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1986 southern comfort, birthday celebration. Southern and ice in a red solo cup wound up with Bamasteve emptying the contents of his guts into the floor vent of a house trailer. Waking up the next afternoon to the none too happy owners in the living room with the parents laughing their selves silly at my distress. Had to take the vent cover off and clean all of that up hung over. Can’t stand the smell of southern comfort to this day.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red wine.
As a brand new 2LT, I was assigned to the 5th cavalry. On Friday nights the officer’s club featured beef and burgundy. On this particular Friday, the Brigade hosted an officers call and most all the officers in the Brigade were there.,..especially all the LTs. The bright idea among all us LTs was to have a competition. Whoever could down the most burgundy wouldn’t have to pull staff duty for the coming year! All the losing competitors would pull it for him.
Well, any cavalryman worth his spurs couldn’t let that challenge go unanswered.
I won….but in truth, I lost. I was never so sick in my life!!!🤢. That was in 1975 and I’ve yet to be able to pass a glass of red wine close to my lips. A good lesson learned by a stupidly courageous new 2LT cav guy! 😁
I had or have the same problem with Gin and also southern comfort. 1st weekend back at McCoy AFB from 10 months on Okinawa I took a fifth of Southern Comfort to a bonfire party in Tampa, next day I woke up sleeping in a lounge chair with a huge hangover, I paid highly for that night for next couple days.

Now I was only an airman, not an officer so I didn't have a Lt's hangover. 😁

Last edited:

jambone

Jan 26, 2013
Skunkington Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricanes, circa 1990, at a college bar on "any coin buys a drink" night. Was still intoxicated the next morning. Felt like doo-doo for a couple days. Been sick on vodka and tequila, but I can always go back to those. Hurricanes - just can't get back on that horse.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricanes, circa 1990, at a college bar on "any coin buys a drink" night. Was still intoxicated the next morning. Felt like doo-doo for a couple days. Been sick on vodka and tequila, but I can always go back to those. Hurricanes - just can't get back on that horse.
Use to do Chivas Scotch with tequila chasers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions