What case do you use to transport your metal detector?

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m giving a Plano bow case a try, but I’m not convinced it’s the way to go.

What case (if any) do you use for transport?
bought a backpack with an extendable drawstring top at a thrift store for five dollars, my nokta fits perfectly in it with the shaft extensions at the shortest setting and I can hike miles into a site with it on my back

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where I'm going and how I'm getting there. Local car trip, I don't use a case of any kind. Longer car trip, a soft, padded, zipper bag.....flying, in my suitcase padded with my clothes.

OP
OP
J

Jamie Rullestad

Dec 3, 2020
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I answered my own question, after a nudge from you guys.

I rooted around in a storage closet, and drug out a double rifle tactical case that’s no longer in use. It’s big enough for the machine, and there are pockets everywhere, so I’m covered.

Day in and day out, like you guys, mine just rides around in the truck behind the drivers seat, but we’re doing some traveling a little later and needed something a little more secure for the trip.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I answered my own question, after a nudge from you guys.

I rooted around in a storage closet, and drug out a double rifle tactical case that’s no longer in use. It’s big enough for the machine, and there are pockets everywhere, so I’m covered.

Day in and day out, like you guys, mine just rides around in the truck behind the drivers seat, but we’re doing some traveling a little later and needed something a little more secure for the trip.
I use a shrould over control box, and make it securly -placed in vehicle for transport.
I've used manufactured metal detecor bag, but it didn't protct as well, since you
can't see the sensitive box.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m giving a Plano bow case a try, but I’m not convinced it’s the way to go.

What case (if any) do you use for transport?
I have 3 fishers that all came with a hard carrying case. All of them have a hard plastic shell with locking steel latches. These are a must when flying on the airlines. I'll check my bags on the plane, but not the metal detector. I carry all my detectors into the airplane in a hard case and store it in the upper compartment. Those baggage handlers are notorious at stealing things.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found this to be the best I have ever used.

81bj6YtCVJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the Deus, I use their hard-case, which is very convenient since it holds both coils (or three if you have them) plus all the accessories.

For the Apex, I use a generic Garrett bag.

But I never use either when taking the detectors out in the field. They're only for storage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread