what do you carry??

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Was wondering what tools you guys carry on you when you hunt??? I know space is limited for some, aside from the detector whats in your pack???

Parachute cord, small hand brush cutters, water, flags, extra flag material to hang on limbs to mark that spot, compass, gps,
camera, paper and pen. Don't forget the bathroom paper.:coffee2:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Until you know what you will need I always have a 5 gallon paint bucket in my car full of stuff like rock hammers, a short handled sledge hammer and chisels and rope. And in my pack I always have a snake bite kit....You never know what your going to need...Art

treasuretom

Greenie
Sep 21, 2014
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax550
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the normal tools. Most important of all is my 9mm. I have had a couple times that I feel it has kept me from getting jumped in the middle of nowhere. Ran into a math lab once. And a marijuana grow on my neighbors property that he didn't know was there. Meth lab was in a barn at an old property with a couple abandoned houses.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Well Cooper, looks like protection may be the most important and on most folks mind, which is a very good idea. I like all the above because of good common sense. I have never felt the need to carry a weapon, although I have been in some spooky places AND, that is when I backed out slow, easy and quietly. I was a whiskey still hunter in the younger and more foolish days and at that time I did carry a Smith & Wesson .38 snubnose, hideable in my front pants pocket.
Some cache hunters keep a good German Shepard with them. They sense trouble way ahead of the man.
have fun.:coffee2::coffee2:

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Was wondering what tools you guys carry on you when you hunt??? I know space is limited for some, aside from the detector whats in your pack???

We carry water, root cutter, pick, shovel, probe, flashlight, paracord, thermal laser indicator, tape measure, bug repellant, bear spray, camo tarp, night scope, plus two to three metal detectors.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry my KellyCo Gator Digging tool on my belt. Then in my pouch I carry a military green cleaning toothbrush, some small acid wash paint brushes and my keltec flashlight. I also carry my pro pointer on my belt.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snake boots, snake bite kit, maps, rock hammer, surveyors plastic tape, compass, (some times a fold up shovel), TP, Eppy pen, water, protein bars, and a judge with .410 rounds in it with #6 shot -- every other chamber is a .45 log colt, never know whether you will run into a regular snake or a two legged snake--have CCW. Been from Ohio to California finding treasure and always have a backpack full of stuff. . . you never know. When in southern Texas I carry a plastic bucket with a couple of rock or shells in it and shake it every now and then to let the rattlers know I am coming. Its worked so far)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread