Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll probably get different answers, it's more of a personal preference issue.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark places that contain valuables on some maps. Like fort knox, or the Smithsonian. Coin shops contain a lot of Silver, mark them on some local maps. Then use your pendulum over the maps, try holding Silver or Gold, and observe any hesitation or increase in movement in the pendulum when over them spots. Knowing something is there will signal the same as not knowing. If your pendulum doesn't show any signal, try a different length, or material, or type or pendulum.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself don't Map/Pendulum dowse. I've tried it, seen it done, own a couple pendulums, but I dont feel or observe any reaction when I try. What I do know is L-rod dowsing, and figured most of it out. Therefore it becomes Science, not fiction. Most people with the same knowledge can duplicate all experiments with the same results. To aid in my l-rod dowsing ability I use what works best, and know when to do so. I found that certain lengths and rod materials react better than others, and I know that my l-rod dowsing power is not constant. Map dowsing is a totally different type of dowsing. To bizarre to be called science. But I would assume all the basics still apply. Their could be a specific length pendulum that works better than others, or the material it's made of doesn't work for you. It might need to have a chamber for the element, or it might need to be tipped with a neutral crystal. Their might even be better times to Map Dowse than others. Anything and everything is posible..

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on what you're looking for. I use a small glass vial/tube filled with pieces of the substance I'm trying to find. It has a plastic stopped and I put a thread inside and secure it with the stopped, and leave about 6-8 inches of thread to hold on to.
This was taught to me by a 10 year old girl from Ohio. I asked how she learned to do this and her response was, " anyone can do it, just gotta practice." So I did and found it works, but not as fast as the 10 year old.
Children don't have corrupt minds , and are not foolish as adults.
PS I had flour gold, garnets, black sand and rubies inside the vial, which was about 1 inch long. As you can tell by the contents I was in the Appalachian mts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, this helps!!

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on what you're looking for. I use a small glass vial/tube filled with pieces of the substance I'm trying to find. It has a plastic stopper and I put a thread inside and secure it with the stopper, and leave about 6-8 inches of thread to hold on to.
This was taught to me by a 10 year old girl from Ohio. I asked how she learned to do this and her response was, " anyone can do it, just gotta practice." So I did and found it works, but not as fast as the 10 year old.
Children don't have corrupt minds , and are not foolish as adults.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
I myself don't Map/Pendulum dowse. I've tried it, seen it done, own a couple pendulums, but I dont feel or observe any reaction when I try. What I do know is L-rod dowsing, and figured most of it out. Therefore it becomes Science, not fiction. Most people with the same knowledge can duplicate all experiments with the same results. To aid in my l-rod dowsing ability I use what works best, and know when to do so. I found that certain lengths and rod materials react better than others, and I know that my l-rod dowsing power is not constant. Map dowsing is a totally different type of dowsing. To bizarre to be called science. But I would assume all the basics still apply. Their could be a specific length pendulum that works better than others, or the material it's made of doesn't work for you. It might need to have a chamber for the element, or it might need to be tipped with a neutral crystal. Their might even be better times to Map Dowse than others. Anything and everything is posible..

If it’s become science and not fiction you know it’s worth a million bucks to The Amazing Randy if you can do it double blind.... just saying...

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It never was fiction, it can be scientifically demonstrated and observed by scientists. I Dowse distant Element targets, using same Element signals.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people hold the pendulum (or L-rod) in one hand and a ruler or straightedge in the other. Slide the ruler along the map and when you get a pendulum/L-rod response draw a line along the ruler. Do this from three different angles and you should get a small triangle where the lines all intersect.

Some people have another person slide the ruler while they have their back turned. When they get a response they tell the person to draw a line.

Map dowsing is a psychic phenomena and very few people in the world can do it with any success. Even then it's hit and misss at the very best. You are really best to toss a test target in your yard and practice finding it with an L-rod, then attempt to map dowse. Practice quieting your mind.

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna give this a try and would like to get a pendulum to dowse maps??, any help would be appreciated...
Look online at all the pendulums. Choose the one (s) that you are drawn to. It may be a crystal type, metal, wood, chambered, ect.
If you'd like to come to the Detroit area sometime, I'll show you my dowsing methods, then with practice you can develop from there.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

jalon

Feb 19, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teleprospector is right on the money! E bay has a ton of pendulums and dowsing rods at very low prices. There are also dowsing and pendulum books up there and some of them are very good. Books by Beverly Jaegers , Sam wolf and Russ Simmons are some of the better ones, but hard to find! Just about any pendulum tutorial on e bay will do to get you started.
Best of luck to you, dowsing is a very exciting way to treasure hunt.
If you need more help a PM will work
Jalon

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To learn map dowsing, I used the L-Rod technique shown in this video, and dowsed for city halls in cities I have never been in or know nothing about. Check it out.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred Stewart would have his son slide the ruler along the map/photo and Fred would would turn around so his back was towards the map. He used an L-rod and when he got a response his son would mark the line.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first method she uses, what I call divide and conquer, is easy to get completely off course. You miss on one square and eliminate it from your search, you are lost and barking up the wrong tree. That method provides the biggest chance for failure. Not saying it can't possibly work, just that the other techniques are quite a bit better.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bury some object in your garden like coins or other then get a map from Google Earth and Dowse, look and learn the reactions the pendulum or L-rods have; after learn and know how to search then do the search in another unknow site like a park.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing Randi; I called him in Florida several years ago. I asked if dowsing was considered a paranormal, and did it qualify for his Mi$$ion do$$ar quest, His response was, "It cannot be done."
I set up with his Tennessee Skeptics in Greenback, TN.
We went through 2 trials. Too long to post, but I was 90% accurate. One of the Skeptics said, "He will trick you, and you will never get the money." The final test was to witch a 5 gallon covered bucket of water along with 4 empty covered 5 gallon buckets. (20 times) It's almost impossible because the water is not "ground water", which is moving water. The buckets were moved around after each trial.
There were 3 television stations and 2 newspapers that followed us through the entire ordeal.
Of course, I did not get his Million $$, but got a request from a group in Australia that offered $100,000 if I could witch water. I didn't spend the $1.200 for an airline ticket.
I can witch water, my son cannot, but my grandson can. I've always heard it will skip a generation.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have things hard for me to explain recently that could be paranormal. I will mention it now (because other day mentioned it to another TN member).

I live on land that once was owned by Native Americans who went to help Tecumseh fight at the Battle of Tippecanoe. The county I live in was named after a cousin of Tecumseh. His daughter on the Internet they call her a Shawnee princess. This is her but not wanting to talk about now.

Yeah, the dowsing rods work enough for me. Recently had a lot of good private map dowsing feedback.

Attachments

• mishawaka-princess-photo (1).jpg
    mishawaka-princess-photo (1).jpg
    210 KB · Views: 32

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have things hard for me to explain recently that could be paranormal. I will mention it now (because other day mentioned it to another TN member).

I live on land that once was owned by Native Americans who went to help Tecumseh fight at the Battle of Tippecanoe. The county I live in was named after a cousin of Tecumseh. His daughter on the Internet they call her a Shawnee princess. This is her but not wanting to talk about now.

Yeah, the dowsing rods work enough for me. Recently had a lot of good private map dowsing feedback.
Here's the stick brother we're listening.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread