What do you use for a GHB sleep system?

NalanNez

Jun 22, 2022
So far my sleep system is the Achilles heel of my get home bag. The longer you compress down or synthetic fill the less effective it is at re-lofting and keeping you warm when you need it. Wool and fleece don't compress/ pack well. It's not practical to have an uncompressed sleeping bag in my vehicle and a wool or polyester blanket that's warm enough to see me through a winter night would be huge and unpackable. I know some of you guys are going to say that you're not going to sleep, just fast pack it all the way home. Well, what if you're 60 miles from the house? What's the solution here fellas? The only thing I can come up with is a Siberian log fire, but that's not too stealthy.

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
So far my sleep system is the Achilles heel of my get home bag. The longer you compress down or synthetic fill the less effective it is at re-lofting and keeping you warm when you need it. Wool and fleece don't compress/ pack well. It's not practical to have an uncompressed sleeping bag in my vehicle and a wool or polyester blanket that's warm enough to see me through a winter night would be huge and unpackable. I know some of you guys are going to say that you're not going to sleep, just fast pack it all the way home. Well, what if you're 60 miles from the house? What's the solution here fellas? The only thing I can come up with is a Siberian log fire, but that's not too stealthy.
Look up "Emergency mylar bivy sac" they are cheap, pack well, and waterproof.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can stay dry a goose down bag will keep you warm on the worst nights. And they compress great

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look into the Helicon tex Swagman roll its a blanket a tarp and a poncho, nvr underestimate a handful oh handwarmers to get you thru a cold night a few tossed in your sleep system do wonders. self reliance outfitters usally have the swagman roll in stock, look em up on youtube also youll see waht they are about, stay safe out there fellas...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread