What ever happened to Bitcoin?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wont be a blockchain crypto like BTC. It will be digital as in direct deposit from the Fed and can be turned off and on as they need.
Completely centralized and controlled.
I do not disagree. Decentralized exchanges will be the alternative. When actual creation of tangible wealth becomes the norm. If the feds or any gov.’s currency fails there will be an alternative based on something stable.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of air coming out and more to go! Whoop whoop!
This time next year I see Bitcoin at or below 10,000
bitcoin.png

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2036863
Not exactly an end of world photo, but mass worldwide adoption of a handful of crypto currencies (likely including the soon to be official US government crypto coin) will likely provide stability the world has never seen. I’ll have gold, food, ammo, AND sun power in addition to some gambling currency at the moment.
"not exactly"... ? ? ?
Not even close to one... OR even the same Universe.

Nothing about that picture says end of anything... for everything in that picture would end.
There is nothing in that picture that would be even remotely the same in scenario of ANY major Worldly problems.

First thing to go to zilch WILL be krypto... heh

Dont kid yourself.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"not exactly"... ? ? ?
Not even close to one... OR even the same Universe.

Nothing about that picture says end of anything... for everything in that picture would end.
There is nothing in that picture that would be even remotely the same in scenario of ANY major Worldly problems.

First thing to go to zilch WILL be krypto... heh

Dont kid yourself.
ARC, sometimes words just don’t convey meaning well enough. Especially for folks that take things literally. It has great potential during times where our technology is not lost. I’m betting folks in Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine, still had/have limited access to cell phones and the internet. Maybe not banks and ATM’s so much. Good luck getting the oppressed country to accept the invading country’s currency. A global crypto that could be transferred silently might be useful. I like gold, but it’s kind of difficult to transport and can easily be robbed. Not so much with crypto. I believe Bitcoin has been used extensively to transfer wealth to avoid sanctions.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC, sometimes words just don’t convey meaning well enough. Especially for folks that take things literally. It has great potential during times where our technology is not lost. I’m betting folks in Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine, still had/have limited access to cell phones and the internet. Maybe not banks and ATM’s so much. Good luck getting the oppressed country to accept the invading country’s currency. A global crypto that could be transferred silently might be useful. I like gold, but it’s kind of difficult to transport and can easily be robbed. Not so much with crypto. I believe Bitcoin has been used extensively to transfer wealth to avoid sanctions.
In time, perhaps not ours there will be 1 world currency, but not crypto.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has already been one world currency many times. Its called gold. You dont need anything else.
Well the price of gold was artificially manipulated for many decades. The point of crypto is that it’s value is outside the control of governments (for the most part). I’m not arguing against gold, just that crypto will have its place.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has already been one world currency many times. Its called gold. You dont need anything else.
It was actually Gold and Silver.
But the one world currency may be electronic, but I do not see it being a crypto, as crypto is backed by nothing but thin air. Bitcoin and Ethereum had a huge following as people rode the wave, now that inflation/recession is nearing people are jumping ship. Gold is in a breakout pattern.

At one time everything was based on barter, it was something you could feel/touch, then came pretty things that were rare it was added to the barter (gold/silver, silk, pearls, gems )Later came physical paper currency, which was backed by precious metals. Somewhere in time most of the gold vanished probable ended up in the hands of corrupt politicians, but governments backed these Fiat currencies with a promise and taxing the people to ensure its value.

Ask yourself, "Who owns the crypto currencies " how many of their creators have been hauled off to jail, Now they are coming out with NTF's do you have any idea what an NTF is, well it may be a picture of a painting, a cartoon character, and they start off selling it for say $3, later is has a value of $300, really I can take my own picture. That my friend is what crypto is (nothing) They keep coming up with new ways to take money from the naive, who then whine about how much they lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve's Detector Rods