What ever happened to Bitcoin?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. Might play gme on the possible short squeeze of the decade tomorrow morning. It's not abut valuations or anything really in the short term. Most of the money made in the market is made in the short term by all these corrupt institutional holdings. They make the market and swing it how they want. I just noticed some whacky stuff going down. Might try to make a play on it.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
GME was the squeeze call of a lifetime. Sold options too soon. netted 12k from 1.5 k , if I had waited it out 45 mins more and not got scared, would have been 200k. oops. maybe monday will bring better days. New trading week.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
GME was the squeeze call of a lifetime. Sold options too soon. netted 12k from 1.5 k , if I had waited it out 45 mins more and not got scared, would have been 200k. oops. maybe monday will bring better days. New trading week.

Still watching it, but can't say my plan. Being patient. Will divulge it later for the other stocks that are being played, but I need this one. Stay out of it, cause you will get burned if you don't have a good plan. Wsb set this up, but they can't finish it because they didn't get it everything set up right on this monday, they got too eager and ran out of cash. The institutions will take it down and then back up. And then back down. Just watch it from sidelines.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hedgefunds figured out to manipulate crypto thru options and shorting. Watch out for the on coming pump and dump. They just spammed all the media outlets and message boards for the pump today. Even Mark Cuban talked about investing in crypto in interview with reddit gamestop boys this morning, that was just another pump. This could get bad....retail will lose again. Half my crypto locked up in coinbase vault with 48 hours waiting period to retrieve making me a bagholder. I can't believe The corruption on every level of finance, and the brokers and trading platforms. They just did the pump and dump on xrp and a couple others. Looks the rest are going to follow all once. Perhaps this is the weeding out like the dot com bubble. The hedge funds will control it all in the end.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah the wallstreetrooks arent organized enough to do anything meaningful. Holding till you lose it all is not an investing strategy haha.

No, a fatal mistake happened with crypto allowing shorting platforms and options/futures trading.

The end all pump and dump is locked and loaded. Charts are perfect for breakout in most cryptos. A few will survive, Eth, btc, bch, ltc, a few others probably. A "weed out", like the dot com days off 2000 that Mark Cuban suggested (the interview on wsb boards about gme had a slight of hand -"drop in" about cryptos which was a pump up to invest in speculation.)
Don't buy the dips. Hedge funds taking over with the shorting platforms, ipo exchanges and options futures trading in crypto. Fatal mistake made in crypto allowing these platforms. Spam pump bots and media are about to take over. These coming days, I don't know which specifically, is armageddon for crypto. Max pain and gain would be friday, they can short any crypto stock at close, and it gaps down 60% at open monday for free money stock shorting. I'm just trying to get my crypto out of coinbase vault scam 48 hour mandatory waiting period with 3 authentication methods to withdraw that I fell for so I can sell it.

soniabell8mg

Feb 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold 2/3 today and rearranged some things and took my original $$ off the table back in my pocket.
I feel better having that back at least haha.
Whew!

Now if it goes to zero I'm losing money I never really had to begin with.
The thought of that still sucks haha.

I loose all my money for the third time

soniabell8mg

Feb 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up with Bitcoin? Yes, it looks like Bitcoin is, as always, in high demand in cryptocurrency. Perhaps in 2018 it was even more popular and everyone switched to cryptocurrency and made money with it. At the time, bitcoin prices were huge. Now bitcoin prices have dropped and their popularity has dropped. I am also interested in platforms where bitcoins can be bought cheaper and sold at a higher price. There are very few such trading platforms left. Now I buy bitcoins on one site and I love this site for its style and cheap bitcoin cost. This site is called the bitcoin tumbler. Try the bitcoin price on it.

SamuelStewart

Greenie
Feb 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up with Bitcoin? Yes, it looks like Bitcoin is, as always, in high demand in cryptocurrency. Perhaps in 2018 it was even more popular and everyone switched to cryptocurrency and made money with it. At the time, bitcoin prices were huge. Now bitcoin prices have dropped and their popularity has dropped. I am also interested in platforms where bitcoins can be bought cheaper and sold at a higher price. There are very few such trading platforms left. Now I buy bitcoins on one site and I love this site for its style and cheap bitcoin cost. This site is called the bitcoin tumbler. Try the bitcoin price on it.

It depends upon which coins you want to buy, but between Binance and Bittrex, you should be pretty well covered to do all you mentioned. I've had great experiences with both. Bittrex is US based and Binance is based in China.

By the way, I'm talking about buying these cryptocurrencies in US dollars and using an automated crypto bot for trading.

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinbase seems to work fine for me...
I see that Binance and Bittrex have some extensive features....have to dive in a bit to see the fees...

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i threw 500 at eth when it was at 700 or 800. seems to be doing ok

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same, bought both BTC and LTC...just sold the BTC at $56,236...holding LTC...will buy back if it begins to climb again...

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Elon musk always seems to save the day... saved the big crash, but it's all going down atm. Alot of cultish stuff now, especially with dogecoin. Unlimited coins possible with doge, which makes no sense with the run up, although perhaps they can change that. Crypto market pulling back hard right now, but for no reason. I believe in crypto, but it can crash out as with anything else. Should be longer term , 2 years hold on anything, don't sell any crypto for loss, cause it suddenly doubles a week after you sell. I'm Into algo, tezos, sushi, and NU for at least the next year. Maybe buy others like regular eth with bigger money investment moves. ETH is probably a 10 banger over 5 years. Will be putting part of next real estate sale into that. I think this is the ship sailing here, big flash crash and then upward. I'm done with smart people saying going to zero. Get smarter.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still holding my ltc and eth and will probably just sit on them long term possibly.
Cryptos are very volatile so if you can deal with that the rest is easy.

When the stock market eventually tanks it might pull cryptos down so that's my only concern. They seem to follow the markets alot of the time.

Of course this could go on for years too.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I would hold eth for 2-5 years . Just have to stomach the flash crashes . I'm waiting to sell some properties... will put 100k into eth for 2 year min hold. That's like 25% of expected sale after cap gains tax. The rest probably in some no load index fund type thing, cause I'm old school still.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can a erc20 - based token ever fall below its initial introductory price...say it launches at $0.01...can it drop below that benchmark or would ethereum have to collapse?

I’m being told if you get in at the very beginning at the lowest price, there is no risk other than network and processing fees.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I dunno. I'm holding my positions for 2 years atm, anything I add from here on is in eth. Some stuff will go to zero.

Tristan Harris

Greenie
Oct 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hold eth for 2-5 years . Just have to stomach the flash crashes . I'm waiting to sell some properties... will put 100k into eth for 2 year min hold. That's like 25% of expected sale after cap gains tax. The rest probably in some no load index fund type thing, cause I'm old school still.

I am not a fan of ETH (I prefer Cardano and Polkadot) but I guess that ETH can very likely hit the 10k mark easy especially taking into account that ETH 2.0 with tons of improvements is going to be launched in the foreseeable future.

edwardbarnett

Apr 17, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a real chance for BTC to reach $1 million?
Many predict that it will have a price of $100 000 by the end.
It rose from $10 000 to $60 000 in the first quarter of 2021 which is awesome. The thing is that I feel like it's too late for me to invest. $60 000 is too much for me to buy BTC now, and I don't feel like buying less than one...
Still, there are other cryptocurrencies that we can invest in. You can learn about crypto on their website cryptoinformato
. It helped me get a better understanding of how Bitcoin and other coins work.
Investing is pointless without knowing anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread