What ever happened to Bitcoin?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wont be a blockchain crypto like BTC. It will be digital as in direct deposit from the Fed and can be turned off and on as they need.
Completely centralized and controlled.
I do not disagree. Decentralized exchanges will be the alternative. When actual creation of tangible wealth becomes the norm. If the feds or any gov.’s currency fails there will be an alternative based on something stable.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of air coming out and more to go! Whoop whoop!
This time next year I see Bitcoin at or below 10,000
bitcoin.png

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2036863
Not exactly an end of world photo, but mass worldwide adoption of a handful of crypto currencies (likely including the soon to be official US government crypto coin) will likely provide stability the world has never seen. I’ll have gold, food, ammo, AND sun power in addition to some gambling currency at the moment.
"not exactly"... ? ? ?
Not even close to one... OR even the same Universe.

Nothing about that picture says end of anything... for everything in that picture would end.
There is nothing in that picture that would be even remotely the same in scenario of ANY major Worldly problems.

First thing to go to zilch WILL be krypto... heh

Dont kid yourself.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"not exactly"... ? ? ?
Not even close to one... OR even the same Universe.

Nothing about that picture says end of anything... for everything in that picture would end.
There is nothing in that picture that would be even remotely the same in scenario of ANY major Worldly problems.

First thing to go to zilch WILL be krypto... heh

Dont kid yourself.
ARC, sometimes words just don’t convey meaning well enough. Especially for folks that take things literally. It has great potential during times where our technology is not lost. I’m betting folks in Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine, still had/have limited access to cell phones and the internet. Maybe not banks and ATM’s so much. Good luck getting the oppressed country to accept the invading country’s currency. A global crypto that could be transferred silently might be useful. I like gold, but it’s kind of difficult to transport and can easily be robbed. Not so much with crypto. I believe Bitcoin has been used extensively to transfer wealth to avoid sanctions.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARC, sometimes words just don’t convey meaning well enough. Especially for folks that take things literally. It has great potential during times where our technology is not lost. I’m betting folks in Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine, still had/have limited access to cell phones and the internet. Maybe not banks and ATM’s so much. Good luck getting the oppressed country to accept the invading country’s currency. A global crypto that could be transferred silently might be useful. I like gold, but it’s kind of difficult to transport and can easily be robbed. Not so much with crypto. I believe Bitcoin has been used extensively to transfer wealth to avoid sanctions.
In time, perhaps not ours there will be 1 world currency, but not crypto.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has already been one world currency many times. Its called gold. You dont need anything else.
Well the price of gold was artificially manipulated for many decades. The point of crypto is that it’s value is outside the control of governments (for the most part). I’m not arguing against gold, just that crypto will have its place.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has already been one world currency many times. Its called gold. You dont need anything else.
It was actually Gold and Silver.
But the one world currency may be electronic, but I do not see it being a crypto, as crypto is backed by nothing but thin air. Bitcoin and Ethereum had a huge following as people rode the wave, now that inflation/recession is nearing people are jumping ship. Gold is in a breakout pattern.

At one time everything was based on barter, it was something you could feel/touch, then came pretty things that were rare it was added to the barter (gold/silver, silk, pearls, gems )Later came physical paper currency, which was backed by precious metals. Somewhere in time most of the gold vanished probable ended up in the hands of corrupt politicians, but governments backed these Fiat currencies with a promise and taxing the people to ensure its value.

Ask yourself, "Who owns the crypto currencies " how many of their creators have been hauled off to jail, Now they are coming out with NTF's do you have any idea what an NTF is, well it may be a picture of a painting, a cartoon character, and they start off selling it for say $3, later is has a value of $300, really I can take my own picture. That my friend is what crypto is (nothing) They keep coming up with new ways to take money from the naive, who then whine about how much they lost.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold hasnt vanished. China And Russia have been buying it for years as well as central banks and some other governments.
Hmmm... that interesting... beings BOTH are in the top 3 producers of it... China being THE largest producer of gold. (Russia third)
Somewhere the wires must have gotten crossed in your info.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was actually Gold and Silver.
But the one world currency may be electronic, but I do not see it being a crypto, as crypto is backed by nothing but thin air. Bitcoin and Ethereum had a huge following as people rode the wave, now that inflation/recession is nearing people are jumping ship. Gold is in a breakout pattern.

At one time everything was based on barter, it was something you could feel/touch, then came pretty things that were rare it was added to the barter (gold/silver, silk, pearls, gems )Later came physical paper currency, which was backed by precious metals. Somewhere in time most of the gold vanished probable ended up in the hands of corrupt politicians, but governments backed these Fiat currencies with a promise and taxing the people to ensure its value.

Ask yourself, "Who owns the crypto currencies " how many of their creators have been hauled off to jail, Now they are coming out with NTF's do you have any idea what an NTF is, well it may be a picture of a painting, a cartoon character, and they start off selling it for say $3, later is has a value of $300, really I can take my own picture. That my friend is what crypto is (nothing) They keep coming up with new ways to take money from the naive, who then whine about how much they lost.
NFT. Not NTF.

I’m no fan of crypto either, but when paper money was created that was based on nothing but thin air and a promise backed by our government.

I can see the argument for precious metals, but that too has some pitfalls. Remember when individuals were not allowed to own it as per a law? I wasn’t around back then but I have read about it. Then there is the argument that it doesn’t produce anything (Warren Buffet).

Obviously paper money and metal is all there is these days. While I keep hearing and know of a few who hit home runs with no name coins (AKA sh$t coins if you will) many have lost and lost big. I think Ethereum and Bitcoin will be around forever because they’re basically too big to fail and big money (investment banks, exchanges, etc) have bought in. The real risk is the exchanges that are holding retail investors assets start to fail and have runs (like 1929). Those banks failed in the 20s and certain exchanges will fail now. FTX is the latest, but I think we’ll see another bomb out of market conditions don’t change. Take your pick - Binance, Coinbase, Crypto.com, Kraken, etc etc etc.

If you want to own crypto do yourself a favor and get a hard wallet. Take your tokens off these exchanges.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can find buried spanish treasure much easier than I can figure out these crypto currency investing strategies. So I've lost some money on crypto, but found some spanish treasure coins in the same period......ill stick to the treasure hunting right now......I have better chances at finding 300 year old silver and gold than succeeding at crypto investing.....and that ain't saying much for crypto !! Trade your crypto for cash, and buy gold coins you can carry on your person !! Its not a bad idea to have portable wealth in these uncertain times.....at least some !!

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I' m out of crypto after the the ftx thing, I always knew the exchanges were frauds, even coinbase.... Yes, I held too long , and they were probably going back up just before the ftx thing happened...

it was good thing as usual, that they ruined with fraud thru out, should have seen it when they started doing futures trading on it... meaning it's not decentralized, it's controlled , and everyone involved was taking your money... ....... I 'll probably be back in somehow after everything crashes out, will take many months....

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont think theres really anything to own but they were easy and awesome trading for a few years haha. Until that huge head and shoulders formed and wreaked havoc.
Onto the next cycle now, averaging down slowly into mining stocks and maybe some other commodities eventually.
The time is coming where people will need to own real things and leave the aircoins to the ether.

And probably would be a good idea for Americans to learn the Russian and Chinese natl anthem!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In real life the money talks and the BS walks.
There are so many investors out in this world cashing in on the latest let's get rich quick schemes
Crypto is just another investment venue that many have turned to yet have lost an handsome sums.
Ones that got in early did good, the ones that invested in it a year ago lost.

Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 6.30.06 AM.png

Now the stock market is another that has more base capital than the crypto it seems.
The yearly totals don't look too profitable either.

N
Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 6.35.18 AM.png

Now the simple method of buying gold, as many believe it will be around when the other 2 go poof

Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 6.45.30 AM.png

Finally the silver over this past year-the turtle wins this past race

Screen Shot 2022-12-18 at 6.48.55 AM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread