WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
When the site upgraded, I was loving it. Yes, thereā€™s a learning curve, but a lot of things were easier when on my phone. For instance I could hold my finger on a pic, any pic, from Facebook, internet, or my phone, copy and paste straight to a post here. It was easy peasy. A couple of weeks ago, that stopped.
Also my toolbars stopped. I donā€™t know how to explain it. Maybe you can understand what I am trying to say by the screenshot I took. I have no options. Theyā€™re faded and wonā€™t let me do anything: ie change font, bold, italics, emoji, etc. I canā€™t even delete my posts. I canā€™t touch the picture tab and insert pictures anymore. I have to attach files and then insert full images.

DDBC68CC-9569-467D-972D-837177DF2579.jpeg

Is it a setting on my phone that got messed up? Was it an upgrade for my phone that screwed it up?
Please help.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?? Not sure WD...everything is good on my end, and I only use my phone for T-net. Hope someone can help !!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also check the last set of dots next to the go back arrow on the right side when you are in post mode, be sure BB code and formating is turned on and weren't accidentally turned off.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Also check the last set of dots next to the go back arrow on the right side when you are in post mode, be sure BB code and formating is turned on and weren't accidentally turned off.
I think thatā€™s exactly what I did to myself. Trial and error and I happened to figure it out. Thank you Treasure_Hunter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think thatā€™s exactly what I did to myself. Trial and error and I happened to figure it out. Thank you Treasure_Hunter.
No problem, sorry I was late to see your post.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes up grades are really not up grades they are down grades.
Well, sir, I am not a fan of change, but I know this was necessary to continue the site. I used to work in accounting, and every upgrade was a PITA, until I learned my way around. Then I could see the benefits. Think of it like this: Itā€™s a never ending puzzle. Every bit of information posted gets added to the puzzle. Sure you can start out with just a card table. But then you have to set up every TV tray in the house to hold the extra pieces. And it still grows, so you have to move the puzzle to the dining room table. Itā€™s a mess to try and figure out where you were, but you keep trying and the puzzle will start to come together again.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, sir, I am not a fan of change, but I know this was necessary to continue the site. I used to work in accounting, and every upgrade was a PITA, until I learned my way around. Then I could see the benefits. Think of it like this: Itā€™s a never ending puzzle. Every bit of information posted gets added to the puzzle. Sure you can start out with just a card table. But then you have to set up every TV tray in the house to hold the extra pieces. And it still grows, so you have to move the puzzle to the dining room table. Itā€™s a mess to try and figure out where you were, but you keep trying and the puzzle will start to come together again.
You are correct, the upgrade fixed far more problems than it created, site is running 10 times better than before the upgrade.

OP
OP
WannaDig3687

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You are correct, the upgrade fixed far more problems than it created, site is running 10 times better than before the upgrade.
I agree. Itā€™s a whole lot better. My problem was self inflicted. I wish I had figured it out before I posted the thread. But, then again, it may help someone else who does the same thing.
In case someone needs pics of what I did wrong:

First I went to the last 3 dots

DBE6E1EA-8AE8-4A1A-BB2D-7B084910095F.jpeg

Then I must have thought this symbol was to add a quote. I obviously thought wrong.

A5C2EBD3-697F-413E-890A-20B1E99F80C5.jpeg

As you can see, all the ā€œcommands ā€œ fade away and it took me awhile to figure how to get them back.

1D5B637E-DC7B-48CE-9E2E-6471D9C4DF5F.jpeg

I hope this helps someone.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. Itā€™s a whole lot better. My problem was self inflicted. I wish I had figured it out before I posted the thread. But, then again, it may help someone else who does the same thing.
In case someone needs pics of what I did wrong:

First I went to the last 3 dots

View attachment 1999459

Then I must have thought this symbol was to add a quote. I obviously thought wrong.

View attachment 1999461

As you can see, all the ā€œcommands ā€œ fade away and it took me awhile to figure how to get them back.

View attachment 1999460

I hope this helps someone.
Not a welcoming program. I use a few other forums that used the same format. If you chat on threads a lot itā€™s fine, if you donā€™t itā€™s a career to navigate. I come on in the winter as I donā€™t detect in warm months. The responses in the ā€œWhat Is Itā€thread should speak volumes. There down from what I see yearly.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a welcoming program. I use a few other forums that used the same format. If you chat on threads a lot itā€™s fine, if you donā€™t itā€™s a career to navigate. I come on in the winter as I donā€™t detect in warm months. The responses in the ā€œWhat Is Itā€thread should speak volumes. There down from what I see yearly.
Hereā€™s a for instance. I just went to bottom of page and hit reply and I quoted you without intent.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hereā€™s a for instance. I just went to bottom of page and hit reply and I quoted you without intent.
Reply is always a quote, if you don't want to quote highlight the quote in the reply box and hit delete or backspace.

Replies are down on all forums due to facebook, Treasure Depot folded completely.

Rick if you have problem or not sure how to do something just send me a PM and I will be happy to help you.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread