What Have You Ever Found WITHOUT the Detector, While Metal Detecting?

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While metal detecting I have found various sight find items not found by the detector.

I guess the most valuable would be a broken swiss watch that I got $50 for parts on Ebay.

I have also found some nice goggles, sunglasses, and about 2 dozen fossils, mostly giant clam fossils, some fairly large about as big as a softball.

Also found a couple of cool pieces of driftwood and some holy limestone pieces that would fetch a few dollars.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Three 20's,14K gold ring w/emerald/aquamarine stones,14K tricolor gold necklace.

GOD Bless America

Chris

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a $100 Bill fluttering in the bushes, while gold prospecting. Looked everywhere after that, but there wasn't more..., after all, I'm not greedy,..much.........!

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Back in the day I was crossing A1A & Broadway.
I looked down and there was a 100 dollar bill I picked it up

Last edited:

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A beautiful silver ring, at the bottom of a slide, in a playground, to which is now on one of my wife's fingers. In other words, confiscated.

Pioneer608

Mar 21, 2021
Beloit, WI ROCK COUNTY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a $1 bill on two separate ocassions while out detecting. Just this past weekend I found 4 small metal buckets with handles in the woods. I brought them home. Always finding extras:)

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
marbles from third day of digging the foundation of a housesite.jpg

Probably these early 1800s marbles from the foundation of an old colonial house I was metal detecting in Virginia. That is also where I dug up my best metal detecting find ever, and possibly forever, haha!

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A dirty round thing caught my eye as I was leaving. It was a copper makeup case with the mirror still intact. For goodwill, I gave it to a lady working in the city office where I got the word it was ok to detect along the river. Turned out she collected old make up stuff.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An 18 carat gold wedding band and lots of 17th and 18th century artifacts and bottles without a detector.[emoji6]

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first coin when I was 5 (still have it) was playing in a sandbox in Japan 1957, since then paper money, arrows, horseshoes, coins, railroad spikes, mining equipment, illegals or to be politically correct undocumented border immigrants (Reported to border patrol)

Doubloony

Apr 8, 2021
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An antique shotgun embedded in the mud of a creek bank I was hunting. I can't think of many small things I have eyed. I was hunting an abandoned property and house in Louisiana, and found a pine coffin in an upstairs closet. Luckily for me, no-one was in it, as I felt that I needed to check and see.

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Old bottles, ceramics, NA arrowheads, antlers, wild plants that I brought home and planted (azaleas, yuccas, irises), iron carriage wheel, mill stone.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
On Flager beach, Fl I found a pilot's license while metal detecting the beach on a windy day. The night before, the young pilot crash landed her plane on the beach 100 yards from where I saw the piece of paper blowing in the wind. The pilot died. I returned the license to the family in Japan.

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was hunting the county fairgrounds that has a horse racing track that has a fence around it. You can't get your coil up to the fence so as I was detecting a 18 inches or so from the fence, I was eyeing the ground under the fence. They use weed killer along the fence so it had bare ground under it. I eye spotted two nickels laying on the surface. One buffalo and one war nickel. Who needs a detector!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S breast plate face down in the dust at a construction site , bone buttons , glass buttons ,arrowheads , marbles ,porcelain doll legs , clay smoking pipes , flat buttons , coins , paper money , bottles , ink wells . the list is long but those are a few I recall worth noting.

Coonhound

Jul 13, 2020
Northern New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Northern New Mexico on a dirt road that was once part of or at least near to the Old Spanish Trail. On top of a small hill overlooking the road, I found a Barber half dollar dated 1899. On another visit to the same area I picked up a standing liberty quarter with no date visible. This inspired me to purchase my first detector, a Nokta Simplex. I took the Simplex back to that hilltop and searched it thoroughly but found nothing else. I have also found numerous native American artifacts which are very common in this area.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A valid Credit Card
A dollar bill

Jager32

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2021
NJ/ Phuket
Detector(s) used
Garret XL500
Aqua Pulse AQ1b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While at work doing drilling for building foundation in NYC I had my Aqua Pulse with me. But do to a lot of construction debris from centuries of debris from building built on the site I took to using a hose to wash the spoils, mainly in search of someones buried money hoard who didn't trust the banks. The result was a start to antique bottle collecting. 84739681-06FB-4949-BB61-FD10BB9DC117.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread