What hose for Seaflo 3700 GPH bilge pump? What 12V battery to use?

CaliAUhunter

Greenie
Feb 5, 2018
SF California East Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab Pro pointer, Garrett Infinium L&S, White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm buying the header box for the Gold Hog Multisluice going to a Seaflo 3700 GPH bilge pump to run through sluice box and need to know what hose and where to buy it. Also what 12 volt battery is best to run this and do I need the battery jumper cable clamps so I can attach bilge pump easily to the battery? Do I need hose clamps or any pvc connections? Trying to set this up before Thursday 15th of Feb. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I will eventually get the Gold Hog Piglet High Banker just not currently in the budget. Any tips on this also appreciated. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the multi-sluice uses a 1200 gph pump(3.5amp) for the regular mat and has a reducer for the washer mat
it is tuned by water flow and angle too much water will just wash the gold out or if a lager pump
is run with reduced flow it will still consume mega amp hours, a large battery would not last long.

I might be misunderstanding, are you getting the 10" wide stream sluice header http://www.goldhog.com/stream_sluice_power_head.htm
the 1200gph pump hose is 1-1/8" the sluice header comes with both size connectors
if you get the 3700 it's a 1.5" hose and about 12 amps so a small car battery would run it 2 to 3 hours
best to get is a deep cycle marine battery something like 85 amp hours would run all day or off and on for a whole weekend.

Last edited:

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya... I'm confused too..... lol
The 3700 GPH from seaflo has a 1.5" out connection and we do use that on our Piglet and our POWERPIG....
But I can't see running it on the MultiSluice since the fitting is 1 & 1/8"
Plus 3700 is too much flow for the Multi.
I think the amp draw is about 10 - 12 amps on the 3700 pump.
Doc

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of the above, and as for the battery - deep cycle. But are you trying to hike with it very far? Weight and run time are proportional.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Walmart garden tractor battery is $25 and a top of the line deep cycle is $150. Both will deliver 12 volts and run your pump at full speed and the only difference is how long. If you are only running for a couple hours per day, the garden tractor battery and a decent charger is the way to go.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is how I have mine setup, have since switched to goldhog mats,
2000gph Rule bulge pump and use 20amp hour ATV batteries.
DSC01736.jpg

OP
OP
C

CaliAUhunter

Greenie
Feb 5, 2018
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab Pro pointer, Garrett Infinium L&S, White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya... I'm confused too..... lol
The 3700 GPH from seaflo has a 1.5" out connection and we do use that on our Piglet and our POWERPIG....
But I can't see running it on the MultiSluice since the fitting is 1 & 1/8"
Plus 3700 is too much flow for the Multi.
I think the amp draw is about 10 - 12 amps on the 3700 pump.
Doc
I was eventually going to pick up the Piglet but not in budget yet and already have the Multi-sluice and just ordered the 10" Multi-sluice power head. I'm guessing the 800 GPH Tsunami that Capt Nemo mentions would be fine for the Multi?

OP
OP
C

CaliAUhunter

Greenie
Feb 5, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the above, and as for the battery - deep cycle. But are you trying to hike with it very far? Weight and run time are proportional.

Yes I do need to lug it down a dirt trail (road?) about half a mile ....the downhill not as bad as the uphill to lug it back out.

OP
OP
C

CaliAUhunter

Greenie
Feb 5, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will definitely check out this set up with the recirc system. Winners58

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was eventually going to pick up the Piglet but not in budget yet and already have the Multi-sluice and just ordered the 10" Multi-sluice power head. I'm guessing the 800 GPH Tsunami that Capt Nemo mentions would be fine for the Multi?

No it really needs the 1100 gph.
Doc

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any more I've just been using my Tsunami T1200 pump for everything, I adjust the angle with the
goldhog mats 10-12deg I can feed it fast 7-8deg feed is slow let it clear a little between scoops.
if you got the multi-sluce it would have come with the powerhead; Multi Sluice - Gold Concentrator

the stream sluice is this; Stream Sluice - Placer Gold Stream Sluice
the stream sluice powerhead; Stream Sluice Power Head

try the 1100gph bilge pump if you need more you can get a second one and put in a Y
any and all hoses and connectors can be had in the bulk section at Home depot.
use protection, I wrap my pump in a 1gal paint strainer bag

*by using my bilge pump for everything I mean;
a water hose to clean out my sluice, water when using classify screens,
my recirculating sluice, and use it to prime my 4x3 dredge pump.

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the draws for the Tsunami pumps.

1.5 Amps 500 GPH
3 Amps 800 GPH
5 Amps 1200 GPH

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I do need to lug it down a dirt trail (road?) about half a mile ....the downhill not as bad as the uphill to lug it back out.

A smaller deep cycle AGM battery might be best for you, considering the trek. The battery I have has a 38 Ah capacity, which will run my 3700 GPH pump for about 45 minutes and keep enough reserve so as not to ruin the battery. It weighs 26 lbs and feels fine in a good backpack for a half mile. That's enough time to run roughly cubic yard of dirt through a Piglet if you have a sluice extension, stockpile dirt first and use your time wisely. The 3700 will work for the Piglet but is way too big for the Multisluice.

OP
OP
C

CaliAUhunter

Greenie
Feb 5, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the GREAT help . I wasn't sure which bilge pump for the Stream Sluice (which is what I have) I do not have the Multi Sluice I had the two confused.. I did order the correct power head from Gold Hog though. I will check out Home Depot and pick up the hoses and hardware maybe after my trip to claim tomorrow.
Still gotta get the battery too.
Thanks for the info on the "Y" connector for second pump too. Great idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions