What!!! Im new at this and this is awsome!!!

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. This sounds braggy. But this is my score for today. I found a King George iii silver schiling fron 1819 onve but this may beat it. IMAG0640.jpg

Upvote 5

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uhm, that's one shiny quarter I see. But what are the other items that look like small rocks?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
K

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the bad light pic. It was end of the day so there was no sun light. Those are a bunch of small sapphire i found. Im not very good at taking pics.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool. Good hunting skills. I honestly don't know a thing about rough gems and likely would have thought they were some kinda quartz or fluorite... and maybe picked up the neatest looking one to add to my rock jar. :)

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Very nice.

I have not looked for those type of stones. What would I need to do to start finding rocks like these

are these found in dry creek beds?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score on the sapphire! :icon_thumleft:

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Congrats on the sapphire- ya know. I wouldnt mind seeing a pic of that schilling just to make sure the gem lode actually beat it!

OP
OP
K

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0977.jpg IMAG0978.jpg
Sorry bout the bad lighting. Phone light died while trying to take this pic. so had to use a flashlight.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sapphires are found in the US primarily in Montana and North Carolina. Some are found elsewhere, like in the limestones of NJ, but there are not a lot of well known sites in the US. Montana has the most these days. And yes, those are sapphires. They come in lots of colors.

OP
OP
K

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to all sorts of tributaries of the missouri river. It is very famous for its sapphire deposits. I also search some dry beds but mostly shores and dredge piles. Miners back then just tossed em out cuz they didnt know the value.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
[KQUOTE=Kevinrose.1;5471806]Ok. This sounds braggy. But this is my score for today. I found a King George iii silver schiling fron 1819 onve but this may beat it. View attachment 1473900 [/QUOTE]
Kevinrose1, nice post and finds. My name is Kevin Rose from Georgia and I'm a relic hunter here. I go by devldog here on the Tn forum. I see we have something in common.

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:award_star_gold_3:Very sweet find. I could stand to find some gemstones along with the precious metal. Congrats:award_star_gold_3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow funny. Do you pronounce yours with a long e? Thats how i say mine. Funny though.

OP
OP
K

Kevinrose.1

Jul 13, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont bother much with the metals. I have all kinds of stuff to get it but their are so many mine claims around me id have to pay more than what id get or give up all or more than half to dig private. And im not much of a fee or sack miner so.... this is what i do for fun. Free digs at free sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions