What is it???

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
I know it's a rock :) But what kind. I had this guy that i use to work with come to me yesterday and said he found an ArrowHead. And i could have it. Wow very cool. But he didn't have it with him, he was coming back later though and would give it to me then. cool. Well Here is what he gave me. I have never seen anything like it. Is it a type of arrowhead? Its very smooth except for the edges of corse. The white rock park is sorta of a puzzle for me though. Just looks strange. Anyone have an idea of what it might be and should i go do some digging around of my own at the site it was found on? thanks for any imput.

Attachments

• Rocks.jpg
    Rocks.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 385

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Looks a bit like rose quartz.

Attachments

• RQ-1.jpg
    RQ-1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 340
  • RQ-2.jpg
    RQ-2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
I thought Quartz was sorta translu(see thorough) to an extent. This is more of a white color to it then a rosie color. Holding it to the light no light going thorough it.

Upvote 0

RainDog

Jun 10, 2005
middle Ga
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Discovery 1100
It's rose quartz. Growing up near rock quarries I've seen my fair share. I have also found trace amounts of gold in it. What you have there i would consider a prize, my man. Arrow heads aren't always made of chert or "flint". I have one i found, in the same hole as a 56D wheatie, made of regular ol'e white quartz. Quartz has got to be hard to work with. Yours has definitly been "worked" I'd ask on the arrowhead board about it.
HH
Raindog

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread