What is it???

H

Holyfield

Hello everyone! I've been to this site a few times and I am just starting to learn how to use it-However, In the meantime I need some help {not professional} I found a copper token that need identifying. On the front it say's WHITE BROTHERS & COMPANY BOSTON U.S.A in the center of the coin it has a pic of a willow tree-Below the willow tree it say's WILLOW CALF. On the backside of the coin there is a pic of a horseshoe and some squiggly lines that might represent willow branches. There is no date, and at this time I cannot post a pic, Im just a beginner with computers. Any responses will be helpful- Thank You :?: :P

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hrrm..

Does it look like this:
whitetoken.jpg

If so it's a trade token used by White Brothers, I'm not sure what they sold tho.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holyfield

Lasivian said:
Does it look like this:
whitetoken.jpg

If so it's a trade token used by White Brothers, I'm not sure what they sold tho.
Good Job Lavisian, That is the TOKEN-same hole at the top and everything{I just figured someone drilled a hole to use as a necklace}. I found my coin about 3.5 inches deep next to a old creek. If that is yours where did you find it- or what website did you get that off of??I looked all over for that token. Hows the metal detecting in Ariz?? Thanks alot, do you know a date when those were stamped out-Holyfield

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holyfield

Lasivian said:
I found it in an old Ebay auction. They just said "1800's token".

Detecting in AZ is on hold right now, it's too damn hot.
Lasivian-I looked on the E-Bay website and could not find what you found. How do you get to the old E-Bay auctions???Holyfield

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holyfield

Thanx ctalmadg. Would you happen to know an approximate value of this token. Were these tokens used as 'Hardtimes' tokens were. Happy Hunt'in -Holyfield

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holyfield

CTALMADG-Thank's for the help. Into the cigar box it goes..(clink)

Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Cool find, but I would be interested in finding out more about the one on eBay. At least try to find out if it was from the same area. You should be able to search finished auctions on eBay, but I think they only hold something like the last seven days or so. Good luck...

Bill

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holyfield

Hello Bill- The token is the same exact token Lavisian posted and is from the Boston area. I've seached E-Bay without any luck for the past month or so trying to find one of these tokens..I just got a new digital and when I get these viruses off my computer I'm going to have my 14 yr old son show me how to post pics--weeehaaa...HappyHunt'in-Holyfield

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news, I found one for sale for you in great shape!

It is a White Brothers Boston Shoe Company Token. Well that solves the mystery, they sold shoes at the turn of the century (19th).
Heres the link. Scroll down until you see the "White Bros. 19th century Boston Shoe Token" link and click on it. The picture below will come up.

http//www.homestead.com/Exonumia/

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holyfield

Thank's for the info. I did'nt want to buy a White's token. I already found one a while back while detecting. I didn't know it's value or what it was used for. However, Now (Thanks to you) I know when it was made, It's cost and purpose. The help you get from other online members is "PRICELESS". Thanks again Coinshooter-HappyHunt'in-Holyfield

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions