What Is Left For One To Do

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say…I feel like I am a real life Forrest Gump…I have found: wire gold, silver, platinum, and even diamond…

Heck, I have even been to several areas I believe to be areas of treasure legends…I have solved the Peralta Stones which lead to the legendary Cursum Perficio aka Tesoro de Santa Fe…As well as a few other sites…

I have even written a few poems in my day…So what should I do next?

Only time will tell…Maybe some day a well to do treasure hunter will ante up and make the trip to Santa Fe…Who knows???
We will jest have to wait and see…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What can I say…I feel like I am a real life Forrest Gump…I have found: wire gold, silver, platinum, and even diamond…

Heck, I have even been to several areas I believe to be areas of treasure legends…I have solved the Peralta Stones which lead to the legendary Cursum Perficio aka Tesoro de Santa Fe…As well as a few other sites…

I have even written a few poems in my day…So what should I do next?

Only time will tell…Maybe some day a well to do treasure hunter will ante up and make the trip to Santa Fe…Who knows???
We will jest have to wait and see…

Ed T
Broadcasting all that you have found then wondering what to do next may not be on everyone's list.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broadcasting all that you have found then wondering what to do next may not be on everyone's list.
I have also been diagnosed as bi-polar schizoaffective….So there are times I too find it hard to believe some of the stuff I say…

I’m still waiting for the state of ca to repair the local fishing pier to start fishing again…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have also been diagnosed as bi-polar schizoaffective….So there are times I too find it hard to believe some of the stuff I say…

I’m still waiting for the state of ca to repair the local fishing pier to start fishing again…

Ed T
Well at least you know that you are waiting / want to start fishing again.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss Northern, CA….I used to have pretty good times fishing in Montezuma slough….I caught and released my fair share of stripper and sturgeon…I have some good memories…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ya’ll…I found the perfect word that describes me…And the word is dilettante…I doubt I will ever take anyone to any of the little areas I have been to…Oh well🥸 life will go on…I don’t even know IF I will ever return to any of those sites myself…I think I need a break…My paranoia is beginning to get the better of me…

It was fun while it lasted…

Peace ya’ll…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well ya’ll…I found the perfect word that describes me…And the word is dilettante…I doubt I will ever take anyone to any of the little areas I have been to…Oh well🥸 life will go on…I don’t even know IF I will ever return to any of those sites myself…I think I need a break…My paranoia is beginning to get the better of me…

It was fun while it lasted…

Peace ya’ll…

Ed T
Why not revisit as part of a trip or number of trips?

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not revisit as part of a trip or number of trips?
Well Assembler, as I have mentioned, it has been over 20 years since I have been out in the field, and I’m pretty sure the terrain has changed…Besides, back in the day I was a firm believer in De Re Metallica…Especially where the book states that mining is a, Cibolum, drinking bout…I was usually pretty wasted when I was tromping around…Or something to that effect…

Who knows? IF I ever become desperate I may try to retrace some of those steps I took so long ago…Though I am quite content with life as I know it…Besides, I am not in the best shape, health wise I have seen better days…I have been in isolation for the last 5 days as well…Santa gave me COVID for Christmas…lol I think I am good to go today…

Only time will tell…I may always wonder IF one day a lucky prospector may get as lucky as I got…

Ed T

Attachments

• 80A2C3B5-B87F-450E-A6D1-7E2F73346184.jpeg
    80A2C3B5-B87F-450E-A6D1-7E2F73346184.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does treasure come to he who waits?
I guess we will jest have to wait and see…I am still trying my luck by buying lottery tickets when the pot is over $160 million…If God is willing…IF I ever hit…I just may reveal some of my old stomping grounds to the world…lol

Heck…IF I have beat billion to 1 odds in finding a paragon diamond…If it is God’s will…I will hit the lottery when the time is right…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Assembler, as I have mentioned, it has been over 20 years since I have been out in the field, and I’m pretty sure the terrain has changed…Besides, back in the day I was a firm believer in De Re Metallica…Especially where the book states that mining is a, Cibolum, drinking bout…I was usually pretty wasted when I was tromping around…Or something to that effect…

Who knows? IF I ever become desperate I may try to retrace some of those steps I took so long ago…Though I am quite content with life as I know it…Besides, I am not in the best shape, health wise I have seen better days…I have been in isolation for the last 5 days as well…Santa gave me COVID for Christmas…lol I think I am good to go today…

Only time will tell…I may always wonder IF one day a lucky prospector may get as lucky as I got…

Ed T
Can you retrace your steps on different maps? Man made items should not effect if you can get the coordinates

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you retrace your steps on different maps? Man made items should not effect if you can get the coordinates
I seem to have mellowed with age…I pretty much gave up hard liquor, I rarely drink tequila anymore…There are some spots I may be able to retrace…But as for the places in Mexico…Those are beyond me…As I have stated, my best bud and prospecting pal is in no shape to be of any assistance at this time…And my old friend who showed me Durango has passed as well…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I seem to have mellowed with age…I pretty much gave up hard liquor, I rarely drink tequila anymore…There are some spots I may be able to retrace…But as for the places in Mexico…Those are beyond me…As I have stated, my best bud and prospecting pal is in no shape to be of any assistance at this time…And my old friend who showed me Durango has passed as well…

Ed T
It appears that you may have hiked way off the roads etc. in the past. Can you fly in?

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that you may have hiked way off the roads etc. in the past. Can you fly in?
Back in the day I was a 2531…Aka, a battery operated grunt…those were the days…I have some crazy memories of those times…I don’t know how things are in some of those old haunts…That life was so long ago…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in the day I was a 2531…Aka, a battery operated grunt…those were the days…I have some crazy memories of those times…I don’t know how things are in some of those old haunts…That life was so long ago…

Ed T
Well getting back in touch by getting there if you can will help with the memory's.
Just keep things more in line what you are capable of doing now.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well getting back in touch by getting there if you can will help with the memory's.
Just keep things more in line what you are capable of doing now.
I don’t push myself past 3 miles in my condition…Heck, if I didn’t have diabetes I doubt I’d be doing the 3 miles…

I have pretty much given up on returning to Reno…I have read online that the odds of finding any diamond are 10.000,000 to 1.
And I always think to myself…What IF it were not a diamond???

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don’t push myself past 3 miles in my condition…Heck, if I didn’t have diabetes I doubt I’d be doing the 3 miles…

I have pretty much given up on returning to Reno…I have read online that the odds of finding any diamond are 10.000,000 to 1.
And I always think to myself…What IF it were not a diamond???

Ed T
Yea the odds are not good.

Yep there may not be much left next to the roadways any more.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea the odds are not good.

Yep there may not be much left next to the roadways any more.
IF I had not had to have heeded nature’s call…I doubt that I would have beaten the billion to 1 odds…I have definitely learned…Do not drink while prospecting, even If De Re Metallica says otherwise…lol

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IF I had not had to have heeded nature’s call…I doubt that I would have beaten the billion to 1 odds…I have definitely learned…Do not drink while prospecting, even If De Re Metallica says otherwise…lol

Ed T
Drinking is not good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread