JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have me wondering about emeralds........lol.
Nothing wrong about downsizing your ambition's when it comes to finding minerals and gems.

You may have more skills then many out there so it is not just luck.
Prospecting is “like a box of chocolates”…

If gems were so easy to find…Everyone would be out there looking for them…lol

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prospecting is “like a box of chocolates”…

If gems were so easy to find…Everyone would be out there looking for them…lol

Ed T
One can still find small boxes of chocolates as others can't look every where.
I prefer Easter eggs.......lol

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finding a "Chocolate gemstone" can be really nice. Don't think I will be that lucky though.
Golden Easter eggs will do for now...........lol.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe that one day I may try to retrace my steps to Tayopa,or Santa Fe, or maybe even El Naranjal…Only time will tell…

I personally don’t believe I will be doing any more prospecting though…

What else is left for one to do?

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still believe that one day I may try to retrace my steps to Tayopa,or Santa Fe, or maybe even El Naranjal…Only time will tell…

I personally don’t believe I will be doing any more prospecting though…

What else is left for one to do?

Ed T
Well you have all reedy experienced something that most never will including me. I thank you for you sharing even just a part of what you have.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a "Chocolate gemstone" can be really nice. Don't think I will be that lucky though.
Golden Easter eggs will do for now...........lol.
This reminds me of Willy Wonka and Charlie’s golden ticket…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you have all reedy experienced something that most never will including me. I thank you for you sharing even just a part of what you have.
I am still pretty depressed that my prospecting partner has passed…I already knew he was going to be moving on…I had a premonition that I just did not want to accept…I believe he is in a much better place and I’m certain My Father needed him much more than I…I will always cherish the special adventures that we shared…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am adding this onto my wish list…

Ed T

Attachments

• B903EBBC-4A82-4C09-8CAB-B4AA5DAF413C.png
    B903EBBC-4A82-4C09-8CAB-B4AA5DAF413C.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 30
  • CA04181F-AE1F-47A2-B0A3-89411BBFB546.png
    CA04181F-AE1F-47A2-B0A3-89411BBFB546.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF I ever get to live my dream…I just may begin to apply some of the knowledge I have locked away in my warped mind…

I have even been given permission,by a small rancho, to buy a 3 bedroom house for $100,000 pesos…Maybe…Just Maybe…I might buy said little house…Only time will tell…

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice IF I could buy a 3 bedroom house for less than $6,000 dollars…

Oh well…

I will just have to wait and see…

Ed T 😭

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well people…Another day has come to its close…And life does continue on…I do wish all of you the best in your endeavors…And as Oroblanco used to say…May you all find…Etcetera…Etcetera…Etcetera…

Ed T

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3 women missing in Mexico after crossing from Texas on trip

https://apnews.com/article/mexico-missing-women-texas-8fe318a7c4a7ef649a18385f15ee7337

Two sisters from Texas and a friend are missing in Mexico after they crossed the border last month to sell clothes at a flea market, U.S. authorities said Friday.

The abduction of four Americans in Mexico that was caught on video last week received an avalanche of attention and was resolved in a matter of days. But the fate of the three women, who haven’t been heard from in about two weeks, remains a mystery and has garnered relatively little publicity.

The FBI said Friday it is aware that two sisters from Peñitas, a small border city in Texas near McAllen, and their friend have gone missing. Peñitas Police Chief Roel Bermea said their families have been in touch with Mexican authorities, who are investigating their disappearance.

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

https://apnews.com/article/mexico-missing-women-texas-8fe318a7c4a7ef649a18385f15ee7337

Two sisters from Texas and a friend are missing in Mexico after they crossed the border last month to sell clothes at a flea market, U.S. authorities said Friday.

The abduction of four Americans in Mexico that was caught on video last week received an avalanche of attention and was resolved in a matter of days. But the fate of the three women, who haven’t been heard from in about two weeks, remains a mystery and has garnered relatively little publicity.

The FBI said Friday it is aware that two sisters from Peñitas, a small border city in Texas near McAllen, and their friend have gone missing. Peñitas Police Chief Roel Bermea said their families have been in touch with Mexican authorities, who are investigating their disappearance.
FYI… https://www.google.com/search?q=how...jEuNS0ymAEAoAEBsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Penitas is actually closer to Mission than McAllen…It is between Mission and La Joya…I remember we used to visit some of my dad’s friends there way back in the 1970’s…

Oh well…Another day is coming to a close…Goodnight everyone…I hate losing an hour…I can hardly wait until this daylight savings cra* ends…And I don’t even have to worry about going to work…lol…My Father has given me a job…It is pretty hectic at times…But that’s ok…

By the way…What’s up with all of this crazy weather???

Ed T

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Texas authorities warn against travel to Mexico after deadly violence
https://nypost.com/2023/03/11/texas-authorities-warn-against-travel-to-mexico/

Texas authorities are warning Americans, especially those planning spring break trips, to avoid Mexico after the recent uptick in violence that left two dead.

“Drug cartel violence and other criminal activity represent a significant safety threat to anyone who crosses into Mexico right now,” Steven McCraw, the director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said in a statement.

Lt. Chris Olivarez of the DPS told Fox Saturday that the department was gearing up for spring breakers who might be seeking to cross the border.

“Right now it is too dangerous with the increase in violence and kidnappings that are taking place in Mexico,” Olivarez said, adding, “I can’t stress enough to those that are thinking about traveling to Mexico, especially for spring breakers … to avoid those areas as much as possible.”

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a Merck Index in the mail today…Volume 13…A certain entry caught my eye…7611…Platinous Chloride…I wonder IF my pistachio pudding ore has anything to do with this entry???

Only time will tell…

As IF I have stumbled upon the fabled Santa Fe…

I am a little wasted…Oh well…

Ed T

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good night people…I will be dreaming of royal water and ammonium chloride…

I wonder IF the platinum ore is worth more as specimen ore than it might be as working it for the PT value??? I May never know…I still have not received an honest assay on said ore…lol

Ed T

OP
OP
JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another uneventful day has come to a close…Mañana siempre mañana seems to be an endless cycle for me… lol

Peace…

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread