What is the Greatest find ever on this site?

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
New here, some of my best finds WWII Lifebuoy which is the nick name for a flame thrower, which sold on fleabay and went to a reenactment dude.

The flamethrower was a landfill find, next up was a wooden Hudson's Bay hamper box a mail order item. There were three sizes with different offerings.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cursum Perficio Map or the Abe Reid Map​

I personally believe this to be the greatest find…lol

But how does one prove they have found said site?

Ed T :)

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to recall that years ago there was an incident with a 20 oz gold nugget or something to that effect...If my memory serves me correctly they murdered the finder trying to get the nugget from him...

There are some cut throat low lives in the treasure hunting world...But I don't think that any of said low lives can compare to some of the characters one might run into down South...There are some people who skin people alive and cut them into little pieces or even chop off their heads...Or so I have seen on some internet sites...

You won't see me rushing back down there to try to explore some of the places that I played with so many years ago, when I was a young idiot who did not know much about certain things...

IF any of you people would like to go search for some of these sites...I will go as far as to say that the site depicted in the Cursum Perficio is located in good ole Mexico...hehehe

Ed T

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know. You'll have to read them all and let us know.

as for people, I'd have to say "jeff of pa" who has posted and answered more
posts on here than anybody I know.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there used to be a member's best finds thread. Not sure how to find it now.
Lots of caches.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there used to be a member's best finds thread. Not sure how to find it now.
Lots of caches.
"My Best Finds" is located just below "Today's Finds"

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mini-pulltabs-1494-e1551353583400.jpg

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading a post long ago about a guy who found a giant hoard of 19th century American gold coins in the woods. There were more coins than he could carry and he didn't have a bag that day so he used some of his clothes to fashion a sack that he carried the gold out with over a few back and forth trips. He then put all the coins in the shower of his house to clean them. When his wife got home he showed her all the gold in the shower and they became millionaires and retired happily ever after.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading a post long ago about a guy who found a giant hoard of 19th century American gold coins in the woods. There were more coins than he could carry and he didn't have a bag that day so he used some of his clothes to fashion a sack that he carried the gold out with over a few back and forth trips. He then put all the coins in the shower of his house to clean them. When his wife got home he showed her all the gold in the shower and they became millionaires and retired happily ever after.
love to read that one... never saw it.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love to read that one... never saw it.
It took awhile but I remembered just enough key words from the story to find it in the T-Net search engine. It's from 2007 by user Night Stalker, last active in 2019, don't know what happened to him lately.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many good finds over the years, here is one, appraised at $28,700

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many good finds over the years, here is one, appraised at $28,700

WoW What a find thanks for sharing TH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread