What is the 'tell' that verifies a proper 1v05 update aside from the upper right corner display?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any easy operational 'tells'? I'm asking since I did have issues trying to get the unit from 1v04 to 1v05. Just looking for warm and fuzees verification that all is well.
when you first turn the legend on while it is booting up look at the screen in the upper right hand corner of the screen if it updated it will now say 1.05 instead of 1.04 in upper right hand corner very small once the legend is completely booted up the only other way to tell is by switching the discrimination pattern, the legends factory default is to boot up in the
C (custom Mode)you change that mode by pressing the horseshoe button change the C to F by pressing the horseshoe button then you can determine whether it updated because in the F pattern target ID 11 is now notched back in and the tone break is now set to the new update only in the F pattern all other patterns the 11 TID will still be notched out and tone break still at 12, you can change every discrimination mode to your liking, for instance I moved my tone break to 7 in C (custom mode) and every target ID from 8 is now notched back in and all TIDs from 7 to lower are notched out

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when you first turn the legend on while it is booting up look at the screen in the upper right hand corner of the screen if it updated it will now say 1.05 instead of 1.04 in upper right hand corner very small once the legend is completely booted up the only other way to tell is by switching the discrimination pattern, the legends factory default is to boot up in the
C (custom Mode)you change that mode by pressing the horseshoe button change the C to F by pressing the horseshoe button then you can determine whether it updated because in the F pattern target ID 11 is now notched back in and the tone break is now set to the new update only in the F pattern all other patterns the 11 TID will still be notched out and tone break still at 12, you can change every discrimination mode to your liking, for instance I moved my tone break to 7 in C (custom mode) and every target ID from 8 is now notched back in and all TIDs from 7 to lower are notched out
Koot,
So, does this mean that the prior 'F' pattern target ID 11 is now notched back to 10?
I appreciate your patience with me:)

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Koot,
So, does this mean that the prior 'F' pattern target ID 11 is now notched back to 10?
I appreciate your patience with me:)

Richard Guy it is not a problem we are all here to help each other out in learning this new Detector as it is new to all of us

here is the answer to your question below

yes it does before the update in F pattern 11 was notched out now in F pattern 11 should be notched back in 10 and lower will be notched out but only in F pattern the C pattern it will look like it was when you put it together fresh out of the box, trust me it was confusing to me also, I literally started asking questions on face book to the people that are supposed to be the representatives for Nokta/Macro when i updated mine I had no clue whether it updated or not because everything still looked the same as it was when I first turned it on other then in the top right hand corner it was saying 1.05 the default discrimination C pattern looked the same I had people tell me to attach a photo of the screen while it was booting up and after it booted up, the person that helped me pointed out the F Pattern which was now the updated F pattern.

the thing that really confused me and i do not know if you are aware of this but most every detector I have ever used when you boot them up they will come on in the last setting you were in when you shut it down but, the Legend does not do this it automatically starts in the default C pattern which really confused me as I was not accustomed to a detector doing that

Last edited:
OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard Guy it is not a problem we are all here to help each other out in learning this new Detector as it is new to all of us

here is the answer to your question below

yes it does before the update in F pattern 11 was notched out now in F pattern 11 should be notched back in 10 and lower will be notched out but only in F pattern the C pattern it will look like it was when you put it together fresh out of the box, trust me it was confusing to me also, I literally started asking questions on face book to the people that are supposed to be the representatives for Nokta/Macro when i updated mine I had no clue whether it updated or not because everything still looked the same as it was when I first turned it on other then in the top right hand corner it was saying 1.05 the default discrimination C pattern looked the same I had people tell me to attach a photo of the screen while it was booting up and after it booted up, the person that helped me pointed out the F Pattern which was now the updated F pattern.

the thing that really confused me and i do not know if you are aware of this but most every detector I have ever used when you boot them up they will come on in the last setting you were in when you shut it down but, the Legend does not do this it automatically starts in the default C pattern which really confused me as I was not accustomed to a detector doing that
Most excellent Koot, I understand completely now. I had a good two hour outing with the Legend today, finding a bunch of Dimes (23) and a Chucky Cheese coin. The Dimes were hitting crisply and steady at 46, the CC coin hit solidly like a quarter (50). I'm happy to have had a lucky day. Thanks again for your detailed help.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most excellent Koot, I understand completely now. I had a good two hour outing with the Legend today, finding a bunch of Dimes (23) and a Chucky Cheese coin. The Dimes were hitting crisply and steady at 46, the CC coin hit solidly like a quarter (50). I'm happy to have had a lucky day. Thanks again for your detailed help.
you are very welcome

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are very welcome
Hi Koot,
I counted those little dots and I've got 10 notched dots in F mode, so I think I'm good to go with 1v05. Thanks again for the clarification.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Koot,
I counted those little dots and I've got 10 notched dots in F mode, so I think I'm good to go with 1v05. Thanks again for the clarification.
yep sounds like it updated, the other modes you will have to physically change yourself in the settings which is what I did the F discrimination mode is the only mode that changed in the default menu's

dont know if you realize this or not but you can set four personal patterns in the user profiles you can set four each for each mode Field,Park and Beach not sure about gold mode though

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, thanks!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when you first turn the legend on while it is booting up look at the screen in the upper right hand corner of the screen if it updated it will now say 1.05 instead of 1.04 in upper right hand corner very small
I have to get my glasses out to read it. Awe.... the joys of getting old....

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I started learning this machine in the Ferrous pattern, but after trying out the Ground pattern I like hearing the iron tones while I'm sweeping the coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread