🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this wooden thingy

Copper John

Greenie
Oct 3, 2021
Hello all,

I just posted the harmonica help post. At the same homestead site i found this wooden dow/pin in the top of what i think is the privy. I have to return to dig the possible privy, but did find this wooden piece down about 2 feet.

Thanks!

IMG-1618.jpg

IMG-1617.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 2

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe part of a hair piece. My Mom had a leather piece that went in her hair that had two holes and a small piece of round wood went through under an amount of hair to hold the hair at a different length than the rest of her hair. the lathe work on it would make it hold better in the leather piece. But this is a guess.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
C

Copper John

Greenie
Oct 3, 2021
Too funny!

Thanks all for the feedback. So, after another look, yes it could be bone. I attached a few other pictures to help. I do remember my mother having a similar hair pice of leather and a "bodkin" - part of her 60s hippie look/ lifestyle. Not sure if it's at its original length - Currently 2.5".
IMG-1653.jpg

IMG-1654.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread