Oxon
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
Garret AT PRO
Garret ace 400i
Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belive it to be silver Unit coin/ ingot/ unit. But of a odd design to others. It weighs 40.86 grams ( forty point Eighty six grams) it looks to be chopped with like a chisel type tool As its a clean cut. I belive this was round and had a indentation on one side .From looking at how much has been cut and would estimate it weight was 2 troy ounces as it weighs 40.86 . And 4-5mm thick.I was not sure of what metal it was at first neither what it maybe so i check it with a magnetic and its not magnetic and i do not think it is lead. So done a water density test and got a reading of 10.82. I know this is a 100% method. But there is crystalized/dirt that has really stuck in what look like marking or score line. I have seen many hack silver but none of this shape .The coin/ingot/unit is black (tarnishing) in colour and upon looking under a scope u can make out the silver colour. I have a fair bit a knowledge on british coins and have been a metal detectorist for some time now and havent and cant find anything like this. The tarnishing looks to be very old i have seen many things come out the ground over my years and this seems so dark that maybe i very old find. I found it in bucks uk .At place that dates back to iron age any ideas

Attachments

• IMG-20210921-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20210921-WA0007.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG-20210921-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210921-WA0000.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 71

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly an old lead paint ingot. Painters use to add their own lead to paint and would cut the ingots into the amount they wanted to add.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread