What makes a GOOD detector... ?

Apr 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
VX3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are the goodies you find making the GOOD detector??

Oh yes, I had a few detectors. And I found some really nice pieces so I was hooked on, but...

...since I owned the MXT and hunted some acres (yap, got permission ;) ) each time I found some coins, buttons, thimbles old toys...etc. this detector rocks all I had.
Yes, found some coins with the others, too, but never in such an accumulation. Everytime when I was hunting for a couple of hours I found something of interest. Hunting with the other detectors trained me, and I found sometimes some metals, yes, but... now it looks to me I was hunting the wrong places with the wrong detectors.

Next season I?ll do some research on old places. May be I missed some good stuff... on the other hand I?ll hunt the rest of the areas where I found the old stuff and where I got minimum one goodie per day, first.
So, I think the area and the stuff you?ll find in there is making the good detector.

What do you think...??

Upvote 0
A

AK in KY

I don't think so. There is too much difference between some of them. I think alot of what you find has to do with how well you know your own detector. Maybe moreso than the make or cost. HH

AK in KY

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I think the answer to "what makes a good detector ..............is The operator !
You can have the best detector in the world and hand it to some fool who doesnt know jack...and they wont find anything ;D..or give someone with good skills a peice of Walmart junk and they will find all day long! ;) :-*
The trick is know what you have well...learn it inside out....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread