What the heck did I find? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Normeleni

Greenie
Aug 2, 2019
Warner Robins
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, AT Pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's me again.

When my vaquero came back from Tesoro, I put it's 9x8 coil on the lobo. It out performed all fo the detectors. My farm is very unusual. The mineralization is enormous. It's way worse than the typical Georgia red clay. I have tons of these little brown rocks. Most of them are BB size and the concentration is very high. The detectors pick them up very strong. I tried picking them up with a magnent. They look like iron but the magnent didn't pick them up. There is a mineral museum near me. I'm going to take some of the rocks to them. I am also surrounded by gold mines and found a prospecting hammer on my property. (That's why I like the Lobo)

I have some top quality machines, but they will only go 4-5 inches max. Because of my unique conditions, I probably can't do a fair comarison.

One thing I really don't like about the Vaquero is when you are in all metal mode to go into discriminate, you have to turn two knobs to a setting. You can't just hit a switch. For that reason, I am selling my Vaquero.

Another word of advice I have is to buy used. That way if it doesn't work for you and you paid a fair price, you can re-sell it and not loose very much. I'm playing musical detectors trying to find something that works.

I will be selling my 1266xb and the Vaquero soon. For my soil conditions, the Lobo seems to work the best. After I sell the Vaquero and the 1266XB, I will try a Tejon.

Keep in mind I only plan to hunt my farm for the most part. I have not even tried these machines any where else.

One last thing. Tesoro usually will repair a detector for free even if you bought it used. The Tesoro service manager called me after normal working hours and talked to me for almost 2 hours discussing my soil conditions and options.

I uploaded a picture of the little rocks. They show up best on my gravel driveway.

"4 more inches of depth" is quite a lot df, that would be a gain of about 50%. I'm wondering if there was some kind of a problem with your old 1265x. I know that the Cibola is a nice little detector, an excellent coin machine, but it is not (normally) known to be a depth demon, and not quite as close to the depth of the Vaquero, or 1265, and especially the 1266 Fishers, especially in higher iron soils. I'm not challenging you df, I just have an "as would be expected" question about your statement, or did I read it incorrectly? It surprises me that it would get roughly 1.5x the depth of a well-known at least somewhat deeper machine that is so coveted that it's almost impossible to find one for sale anywhere. I know that the new Bisstools are close clones of the 1265 and 1266 Fishers, with just enough modification to avoid lawsuits, copyright infringements, and additional mods and toys so as to increase depth a bit. My first guess is that someone did a mod job on your Cibola. My 2nd guess is that your Fisher needed some work. I would like to know (if) any modifications were done, and (how) they were done. I could modify one and get another 2" air depth, but I'm not sure I could get any more than that without rendering it useless. Thanks

Check this out. Note* The 1266 and the 1265 are almost the same detector, both beasts for depth in high Fe inland soils, although as is normal for that site, there are "fish stories" to the max:

metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/185-1-fisher1266X.html

Larry
IMG_6620.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    915.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6622.jpeg
    IMG_6622.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 13

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in farm country and see brand loyalty every day. It’s like the Ford vs Chevy thing only worse. It’s usually John Deere vs IH. Huge signs on their barns, JD or IH emblems on their pickup trucks. To wear IH cuff links back in the 20s shows this brand loyalty has gone on forever.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in farm country and see brand loyalty every day. It’s like the Ford vs Chevy thing only worse. It’s usually John Deere vs IH. Huge signs on their barns, JD or IH emblems on their pickup trucks. To wear IH cuff links back in the 20s shows this brand loyalty has gone on forever.
Here you Elmer I'll give you these new cufflinks for buying that new thrashing machine. :laughing7:

My thinking is I'll buy that when you take your sticker ad off the trunk lid. :headbang:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks more like a Collar Stud to me, but could be a Cufflink.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just so you know ... old International Harvester items are very collectable.
I found a vintage brass I.H. Padlock about 12 years ago at a old house that burned down.
I put it up for sale on the Internet and a collector from Michigan paid me $420.00 for it.
He said he'd been looking for one for years.

OP
OP
N

Normeleni

Greenie
Aug 2, 2019
Warner Robins
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, AT Pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just so you know ... old International Harvester items are very collectable.
I found a vintage brass I.H. Padlock about 12 years ago at a old house that burned down.
I put it up for sale on the Internet and a collector from Michigan paid me $420.00 for it.
He said he'd been looking for one for years.
I’ll certainly pay more attention in the future. Who woulda thunk it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread