What triggers Dowsing

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
People get hypnotized into believing things. Sad, but true. Almost everyone says solar magnetic activity is detrimental to dowsing. The Stargate Project by the US govt concluded this fact. Can't recall but one of the books I read about it think the guy's name was McMoneagle said solar wind over 600 kps (or maybe 650, can't recall) their accuracy dropped off. This program had the most talented people in the country and strict protocol. Be careful you don't get hypnotized into misinformation. I don't know but I think some Dell Winders hater started the misinformation rumor. Like Pres. Trump, Dell was always flushing out the swamp and some people didn't like the truth being known about them. And it's not just dowsing/locators--gold nugget hunters have said their metal detectors are affected by solar activity, too.

Signal Line, do you have any links or anything to support this? Wasn't the Stargate Project investigating psi ops? What does that have to do with dowsing? Dowser says that he can only dowse when the solar wind is strong.

I could see geomagnetic activity affecting a metal detector but it would have to be really strong. Magnetometers are severely affected, even in everyday use when there isn't a geomagnetic storm. You need to have a base mag to measure the diurnal changes which you subtract in processing.

It seems that you and Dowser both believe that solar activity has an effect on dowsing but in opposite ways.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice to you is don't get sucked in to limiting superstition. Dowsing and remote viewing are nearly identical, just from a different viewpoint. With dowsing the person is seeking a desired object. With remote viewing the person is seeing what is in an area. If you were to study the subject authentic map dowsers say even an electrical strom in the search area will cause problems.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice to you is don't get sucked in to limiting superstition. Dowsing and remote viewing are nearly identical, just from a different viewpoint. With dowsing the person is seeking a desired object. With remote viewing the person is seeing what is in an area. If you were to study the subject authentic map dowsers say even an electrical strom in the search area will cause problems.

Dowsing with L-rods is NOT nearly identical to Remote viewing.. The only identical thing is neither is proven. Can you work on proving your remote viewing, while I prove my L-rod dowsing. I apologize for my topic title. What triggers Dowsing. It should have been, What triggers my L-rod dowsing...

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't really matter if a person uses an L-rod or not. It's the brain that recognizes the resonance. The L-rods are merely a learned response. They are like the needle on a meter. That guy who teaches remote viewing (you can do a web search for Paul Smith remote viewing or dowsing) also teaches dowsing. He worked in the Stargate project. He refers to the response as "a chill or a thrill". I call it the ionic buzz--like when you hit your hand with a hammer, after a few seconds it feels like a buzzing sensation. This is your body sending electricity to the injured area. The palm of the hand is very sensitive to this. One technique is to face your palm at the target area so as to feel it better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using an Element to signal a target, isn't the same as thinking of an Element to signal an object. Do you have any personal experiences as doing remote viewing? Interesting, tell us more.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked up Paul Smith remote viewing and dowsing. He doesnt use Elements to signal targets with. He believes it to be psychic. I believe its explained in quantum mechanics. Which isn't all explained. He provides no demonstration, no explanation on how to do it, and only talks about other people's ability. All my posts are personal L-rod dowsing true experiences.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't really matter if a person uses an L-rod or not. It's the brain that recognizes the resonance. The L-rods are merely a learned response. They are like the needle on a meter. That guy who teaches remote viewing (you can do a web search for Paul Smith remote viewing or dowsing) also teaches dowsing. He worked in the Stargate project. He refers to the response as "a chill or a thrill". I call it the ionic buzz--like when you hit your hand with a hammer, after a few seconds it feels like a buzzing sensation. This is your body sending electricity to the injured area. The palm of the hand is very sensitive to this. One technique is to face your palm at the target area so as to feel it better.

I agree, but not all people have the ultra-sensitive feelings or receptive brain patterns to be able to feel the life force flowing from the different objects alone, so this is where the L-Rods come into play for them. Like with Dowser, he not only needs the rods, he needs the solar activity with them working together to get the response.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, but not all people have the ultra-sensitive feelings or receptive brain patterns to be able to feel the life force flowing from the different objects alone, so this is where the L-Rods come into play for them. Like with Dowser, he not only needs the rods, he needs the solar activity with them working together to get the response.

Of course I understand not all people are that sensitive. It takes lots of practice. Most people do not even get it WITH the rods. One big issue is they want to control things, they want to see what is happening. I compare it to learning a golf swing. Keep your head down and don't look up when you hit the ball. You can look up AFTER you hit it. I've had all sorts of sayings, like some people can't chew gum and walk at the same time--which means do not think about it, put it in God's hands. Another one You can't have your cake and eat it, too. And yet another, Lott's wife in the Holy Bible was told not to look back at Sodom and Gomorrah.She cheated anyway and turned into a pillar of salt. Nobody is going to stop you from cheating and many people have the bad habit of cheating in private all the time. Can't do that with dowsing. God knows.

Last edited:

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There seems to be a pretty broad spectrum on what is thought to cause the dowsing phenomenon.

Just in this thread, there are numerous ideas:
Geomagnetic activity
"Frequencies" aka Molecular resonance
Psychic energy similar to astral projection
God
Receptive brain patterns (fits in with psychic energy)
life force flowing from the different objects

Did I miss any? What's strange is that people in each camp are equally confident that they know the answer. Clearly, they can't all be correct.

Dowser has tested his ideas to some extent. Signal_line and Reed Lukens, have you tested your ideas at all?

Signal_line mentioned project Stargate a couple of times but just in passing. Can you provide some links? I haven't been able to dig up anything on their experiments with dowsing.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some experiments, and this was my conclusion. Dowsing electrical lines works if electricity is being used. A dead line or cord only dowses elementary without power flowing thru. Same thing with water. Water itself dowses as element when stationary along with the hose, but dowses differently when water is flowing thru. If I dowse over top a log, the log is organic and shouldn't be dowsable, but if you roll the log down a hill, it becomes dowsable. What I believe happens is that it has to do with magnetics in a way. Or the alignment of the molecules in the target, or line perimeter. Water dowses better when the molecules are tumbling through a hose, then if you shut the water off, the dowsing signal slowly goes away, as the molecules realign with the poles. Dowsing is indication of an anomoly, and the anomoly is tumbling atoms, or chaos.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be a pretty broad spectrum on what is thought to cause the dowsing phenomenon.

Just in this thread, there are numerous ideas:
Geomagnetic activity
"Frequencies" aka Molecular resonance
Psychic energy similar to astral projection
God
Receptive brain patterns (fits in with psychic energy)
life force flowing from the different objects

Did I miss any? What's strange is that people in each camp are equally confident that they know the answer. Clearly, they can't all be correct.

Dowser has tested his ideas to some extent. Signal_line and Reed Lukens, have you tested your ideas at all?

Signal_line mentioned project Stargate a couple of times but just in passing. Can you provide some links? I haven't been able to dig up anything on their experiments with dowsing.

Yup, I have plenty of movies on dowsing on my YouTube channel from many years back. I've found plenty of items and have plenty of witnesses over the last 50 years. Lots of gold nuggets, 2 major pay streaks on video.
https://youtube.com/user/ReedLukens

mulletator

May 16, 2015
British Columbia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, I have plenty of movies on dowsing on my YouTube channel from many years back. I've found plenty of items and have plenty of witnesses over the last 50 years. Lots of gold nuggets, 2 major pay streaks on video.

All that success and absolutely no idea what principles dowsing is based on?

The best you can come up with is "life force flowing from the different objects."

Congratulations on the finds Reed.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Reed, I watched your dowsing video. Congratulations! That was 5 years ago, and I can see that's the same signal I dowse. And you say most anyone can do it. I agree. Can you dowse now? Is the Sun helping or hurting your dowsing, or no affect at all?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that success and absolutely no idea what principles dowsing is based on?

The best you can come up with is "life force flowing from the different objects."

Congratulations on the finds Reed.

I'm coming from a different background then most people, I was raised with dowsing and I'm a natural. The best that I can come up with really doesn't matter, I know my abilities and I feel the different life forces clearly or cleanly at all times. Everyone is different, you need to find your own path... Do your own research.

Hi Dowser
I put my movies out for everyone, years ago now. 5 years ago was the reloaded movie from the 2011 original after YouTube was bought out and changed formats. I had to reload lots of movies in the new Google format because the old .wmv format had been changed to wide screen by Google, making all of my movies a foot tall by 6 feet wide... lol.
I can still dowse but I do also feel the up times and the down times. I do notice it, but I never really paid much attention to it, because when it's up, I don't need or use the rods unless I'm tracking the boundaries of a deposit and when the time feels down, I can grab a set of rods and they work fine, not as strong as the others but it still works all the time for me. I just follow the feeling these days and have for years, but it has slowed down some as I get older. In my teens I was strong, in my 20's up to around 44, I was ridiculously strong and groups of us worked together with different styles for the good. We were in a bad car accident in 2013 and it slowed down and changed a bit, but I adapted and changed with the times. Our new deposit here in Arizona is working out well :hello:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a graph on Atmospheric electricity also known as the Potential Gradient. Bottom of the page you can change the date. This is in the UK so probably not accurate, but you can get an idea.

Latest graphical weather report from the University of Reading

But for dowsing i will say do not look outside yourself. Look within if you have a problem. Do that Vagus nerve relaxation technique.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started rereading "Supersensonics" and Hills said "An experimenter will often fool around, negating results with his imagination, trying to convince himself he is not feeling what he is feeling, until the pendulum goes dead. Then he has to force it to swing and the life and spontaneity has gone out of his system. Also the diviner's energy can be zapped by long periods of experimenting and so it is useful to know that you can always recharge your detetion of this vertical electric strength by washing your hands and wrists in running water from a faucet. Many people give up becasue they cannot continue long enough to get consistent results or they get tired from exhausting this expression of biological energy from their consciousness. An even greater insight is to use the electrical core of a spigot of water for refreshing our positive force of consciousness by absorbing it into our biological electric system; this involves holding our negative and positive hands either side of the column of water from the faucet for a few seconds. Even if your receptivity is low you should not need more than a minute if you are mentally "willing" it to flow into you."

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started rereading "Supersensonics" and Hills said "An experimenter will often fool around, negating results with his imagination, trying to convince himself he is not feeling what he is feeling, until the pendulum goes dead. Then he has to force it to swing and the life and spontaneity has gone out of his system. Also the diviner's energy can be zapped by long periods of experimenting and so it is useful to know that you can always recharge your detetion of this vertical electric strength by washing your hands and wrists in running water from a faucet. Many people give up becasue they cannot continue long enough to get consistent results or they get tired from exhausting this expression of biological energy from their consciousness. An even greater insight is to use the electrical core of a spigot of water for refreshing our positive force of consciousness by absorbing it into our biological electric system; this involves holding our negative and positive hands either side of the column of water from the faucet for a few seconds. Even if your receptivity is low you should not need more than a minute if you are mentally "willing" it to flow into you."

That's very true, one of the reasons that I moved out of California... I can dredge and be under water for days on end and it really does cleanse your soul.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard work is good for the soul.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave this tip so long ago I forgot about it. Put your handds flat together and rub the palms of your hands back forth for sixty seconds. This stimulates the acupuncture centers. The palms of your hands are one of the more senstivie areas. Doesn't last long but enough to get you started. I call the feeling you get in your hands when on a target the ionic buzz. Most people who fail are too busy worrying about the gold instead of being aware of their own body response. P.S. Sixty seconds is a longer time than you might think, don't short yourself.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dowse with "L" rods no matter what the time of year it is. I have found all kinds of things, both junk and coins. I stopped counting right at about 1000 things. Oh my aching back from digging so much, but I love it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread