What type of firearm do you prefer to shoot?

What type of firearm do you prefer to shoot?

• Total voters

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever gets the job done.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
You have to have more than one. A short rang (either a shotgun or a hand cannon [rugger super redhawk]), and the a long rang rifle that's likely to have the most available ammo. The long rang is a tie between the bold action or the semi.

I think I'd prefer all three. A semi shotgun, a semi handgun [.44] and a rifle of 30.06 (scoped) semi if it came to urban combat, but bolt action otherwise.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's best mikeofaustin if you can get your handgun and long gun in the same caliber. Shotguns are a more versatile weapon than some folks think. My mom's family were guys who tossed up washers and shot through the hole, so they preferred bolt action rifles and pistols. My dad's family weren't attacked by washers that much and intended to kill people, so they tended towards shotguns. 10 gauge double barrel pretty much got the job done.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
RGINN said:
It's best mikeofaustin if you can get your handgun and long gun in the same caliber. Shotguns are a more versatile weapon than some folks think. My mom's family were guys who tossed up washers and shot through the hole, so they preferred bolt action rifles and pistols. My dad's family weren't attacked by washers that much and intended to kill people, so they tended towards shotguns. 10 gauge double barrel pretty much got the job done.

Good point.

DanWho

Feb 16, 2016
IOWA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium and
Whites Eagle II S (yes its older than some of the young'uns here)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have at least one of each, love each and everyone of them depending on the job. Cant pick a favorite so no vote

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I have them all but my favorite (without a doubt) is the revolver!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VP - .357 S&W hiway Patrol model. with a 4 inch barel, and Keith long range front sight. I used that in the Border Patrol.
metal_detector.gif
I love my S&W J Frames but my Dad's (S&W .38 US Navy Victory Model - shipped from the factory on June 23, 1943) is my favorite and my prized possession.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 9mm, 2 .45s. a Judge that fires 410 and .45s and a .22 pistol, I enjoy firing all..........

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
7.63 1932 broomhandle Mauser with Berdan primed ammo that shoot flames out the barrel, a 9mmx 18 Makarov once owned by the East German Stasi, K98 8mm Mauser carbine, Colt 32 auto, Winchester 30-30 Octagon barrel carbine, and my Ruger 1022 with folding stock are all good frearms to shoot.
I also am very fond of my 1980 SAS Barnett Commando crossbow.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ECS< you an easily convert that Mauser to 9 m/m. The Germans specifically had that in mind to get around the laws that were laid down on their armanment You just change the barrell/slide arrangement even the strip loaders are the same size.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought you meant a specific gun

I have a double barrel anti AA gun from a WW2 destroyer, I cut it down and made a couple straps so I can carry it :tongue3:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi ECS< you an easily convert that Mauser to 9 m/m. The Germans specifically had that in mind to get around the laws that were laid down on their armanment You just change the barrell/slide arrangement even the strip loaders are the same size.
TY for the information, but it has all matching serial numbers, and I do have a decent stockpile of 7.63 ammo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread