bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all post our treasure, but what about the other items you've found or dug up metal detecting. I always seem to find a golf ball no matter when I'm hunting, even with no golf courses around and out in the middle of the woods. Recently I found an arrow for my sons bow, exact match to what he's using now, a good quality pen, etc..

Also found a splitting wedge I use.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
We all post our treasure, but what about the other items you've found or dug up metal detecting. I always seem to find a golf ball no matter when I'm hunting, even with no golf courses around and out in the middle of the woods. Recently I found an arrow for my sons bow, exact match to what he's using now, a good quality pen, etc..

Also found a splitting wedge I use.

half the axe heads i find can still be used same thing with some hoe heads

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a foot shaped gas pedal that haven’t used YET but plan on putting it in something soon.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wine bottle opener..... it gets used, a lot... :laughing7:

Renaebri

Apr 11, 2018
florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Theres a lot of golf balls at the spot i've been going to also! and marbles. Recently found a giant pick axe which is in pretty good shape too. And bottles! those could still be used but i'd rather not lol it's nearly impossible to get the insides clean.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a beautiful brass cabinet spring latch that I dug up a few years back. It wasn’t corroded but packed with so much dirt and gunk that I had to soak it for a couple months. Now it is in perfect shape and I am just waiting for the right piece of furniture to put it in.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find a lot of Hotwheels that I give to kids.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While detecting in the woods here in Northern NM, I found a nice Kershaw folding lockblade knife just lying on the ground - I use it every day !

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a brass plumb bob that I cleaned and put on my work truck. I use it frequently!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find cash to be QUITE useful! 😁 J/K...I've found several newer folding knives and small flashlights that I've put to good use...or passed around to family/friends.

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really heavy and large wood splitting wedge. Cracks big stumps logs up really nice !

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I found detecting and used later...:icon_scratch:

If I remember something I'll post back.:laughing7:

Added...My wife just told me we dug up a silver ring that she still wears. She's acting all stunned that I really have no clue what she's talking about.:laughing7: But...I guess that I found a silver ring that my wife wears!

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clad coins/ ;-) They still work.

A 20' length of 3/8" logging chain with a hook on each end. Used that last weekend.

A hammer - the handle needed replacing.

I recast the lead I dig up as muzzleloading rifle and smoothbore balls. Mostly in the form of old shotgun slugs.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I find these useful, because I enjoy looking at them and you don't find many in dumps anymore.

Attachments

• cans.jpg
    cans.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 58

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it ain't too rusty or beat up, I will try to recycle it. I have a ballpean hammer that I use to toss a rope onto the upper limbs of a tree. Then I tie it snug to make it fall in a certain direction, when I cut it.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once I dug an old silver barber quarter and a pawn shop gave me a couple bucks for it. I took the couple bucks and bought a hit of crack from some dude. I found a crack head in need and he happily traded me a "bag of change he found" and they happened to be all peace dollars and Morgan's hehe.
That's probably my best score next to the graveyard gold prospecting that one summer.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Late 1800 early 1900 Four Roses Whiskey cap found in my backyard. Our land was on a huge Beet farm. I don’t use it.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P.(NY) reminded me, 100_5316.JPG 100_5317.JPG I use all fishing lead to make new fishing weights. Drop shot weights.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread