What Would You Call This One?

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I found this one about 25 years ago and never figured out what type it is. I know you guys can put a name on it. Thanks for the help.
Randy

Bumping this one up for the new guys on the forum.

Attachments

• what4.JPG
    what4.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 536
  • what5.JPG
    what5.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 913302 JMO it is a transition piece between a clovis and a quad. Everything points to a Quad except the base nipple and it is big enough to make a channel flake. Read what the info says about grinding. JMO and like a nose everyone has one, it for sure is a great find:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a heavily used quad or beaver lake it's a find of a lifetime !!! I'd vote banner IMHO ;)

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of non fluted points come from north Alabama tennessee area too

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
View attachment 913302 JMO it is a transition piece between a clovis and a quad. Everything points to a Quad except the base nipple and it is big enough to make a channel flake. Read what the info says about grinding. JMO and like a nose everyone has one, it for sure is a great find:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks for posting this monsterrack. This is the closest I've seen to my point. The one in the middle is almost identicle. Great article on the quad. After seeing this I can put this one to rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread