what would you do

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
in some way i think it may deserve public attention. if that pays or not i don't know. there are stories that could connect if a fellow wanted them too. i don't know all the details . im not a treasure hunter per say. im a gold prospector doing some research that stumbled onto something . i don't know the story behind it for sure . just know that i need an educated next step. not in Wisconsin though. that's where i reside permanent. i get out and about pretty good

I’ve dealt with archeologists when trying to protect a petroglyph. After ten years, they sent somebody to look at it but no suggestions or effort to protect it. You live in Wisconsin, so I would suggest getting in touch with a tribal historian from the Ho Chunk Nation for advice. If it’s ancient but not Native American, they might be able to tell you how to move forward.

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
I really hate to say this but thinking out of the box might work. You could contact one of the T.V. shows that we see here on TNet. Sale the wrights to them to record it. . If they pay for all the cost for you to recover said find. You might want to talk to some one on TN. that have done that type of show I know that there are a some. I don"t think they would pass-up a story that has not been covered before with the same results. You will never know unless you try.

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd just call Josh Gates from "Expedition Unknown", get whatever they'll offer for the story and then see what happens. If it's on state property, I don't think they'll be giving any of it up, but maybe you can get something out of it and cement your position as "the finder", even if it is on public land.

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys all have the same thoughts im having. Lol. I will keep you posted on the outcome. These items are in the same area , trying to decide if I want to go that far on foot. Screenshot_2019-01-21-15-38-20-1.png strange things in the desert . I have not made it to these points yet. But they are interesting, if you know what they are . Please let me know. Save me a long hike. Screenshot_2019-01-21-15-34-05-1.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions