what's a good belt for attaching treasure pouch pinpointer etc without going through belt loops?

CaliAUhunter

Greenie
Feb 5, 2018
SF California East Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab Pro pointer, Garrett Infinium L&S, White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyone know a good belt for attaching pinpointer, digger sheathe etc that does not go through belt loops ?
Very annoying, having all that gear pulling your pants down. I have everything on a utility belt, attached to a set of heavy duty carpenter's suspenders ( usually used for hanging one's nail bags on ). Now the weight hangs on my shoulders, and my pants stay up. It works for me.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use a leather utility belt with a separate belt I left on it all the time to go around my waist but not through the belt loops. Recently switched to the XP Deus finds pouch which has a nice fabric belt and plastic clips. The only draw back is the xp pouch won't hold a lot of trash. If you hunt for very long you may have to dump it a couple times.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kray has the best solution,I don,t want all that weight on my hips either. Go to Lowes or Home Depot in the tool section and you,ll find a smorgasbord of belts,pouches,suspenders,bags that you can pick and choose what you like and arrange as you like. If you have a Army surplus store near they also have good heavy duty belts,suspenders,and pouches to choose from.Use your imagination and put together an arrangement that works.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to an Army Surplus store, look on Ebay, any sites that carry old army surplus and get a Pistol Belt.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very annoying, having all that gear pulling your pants down. I have everything on a utility belt, attached to a set of heavy duty carpenter's suspenders ( usually used for hanging one's nail bags on ). Now the weight hangs on my shoulders, and my pants stay up. It works for me.
I have EXTRA leather belts that have my finds pouch, Pinpointer holster and and a sheath for a digger that i just go over my other pants belt and does not go through my pant loops

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions