20220221_115554.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Upvote 4

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As an unrestored item, and not actually knowing what it is, I'd have to
guess it's worth what someone would offer you for it. :dontknow:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Based on your pics, I'd be inclined to carefully knock the rust off to get a better idea of what you've got here. I'm still of the opinion that this is the top portion of a European-made hanging oil lamp. :icon_scratch:

As far as the value goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... an item is only worth what someone will pay for it.
Dave

20220221_115547.jpg

OP
OP
S

ShawneeSaves85

Greenie
Feb 22, 2022
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
No
I found a bunch of stone it looks like it was either a house or several campfire places that I have not even touched yet

I was in East Tennessee in the White County area
You know if it was something I could pick up today off the Walmart shelf I wouldn't be scared of it but considering I don't know shit and this stuff seems brittle I'm scared to touch it so excuse me for not being a professional born whatever the hell you want to call this.

OP
OP
S

ShawneeSaves85

Greenie
Feb 22, 2022
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
No
Based on your pics, I'd be inclined to carefully knock the rust off to get a better idea of what you've got here. I'm still of the opinion that this is the top portion of a European-made hanging oil lamp. :icon_scratch:

As far as the value goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... an item is only worth what someone will pay for it.
Dave

View attachment 2012040
I have found stuff that I thought was lead motivated together and I scratched it and it looks like silver also there's pieces in here that looks like it has possibly some gold in it Lynn

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone is going to have to clean it up better to get an I.D. Have a jeweler do it, or at least have them give you an opinion as to what it is and what it's made of. If you choose to clean it yourself, there is a whole section here on Tnet that can guide you on how to do that. If it was mine, I'd soak it in some cheap vinegar for a few hours. That should loosen some of that rust and make it flake off. Once I could determine what it is, and what metal it is, I would either continue with the soaking/cleaning/baking soda rub if needed, or, pitch it in the junk bucket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread