traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White gold with lower quality diamond. Blue stones my be sapphire but they have not been tested.

I don't know much more than that. So what do you think it's worth?
I suggest you take to a qualified jeweler/appraiser. No one on here can give you a realistic appraisal without handling. That is my humble opinion.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Estate jeweller will hold a higher value, but there's so many variables as providence, gold content, stones.

So a piece has a price tag of $1500.00. Now throw the tagline of From the estate of Lady X and it's what ever the market can bear.
Really nice looker though.

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suggest you take to a qualified jeweler/appraiser. No one on here can give you a realistic appraisal without handling. That is my humble opinion.
Ok. I understand. Not enough to go on.

I do know we have some jewelers on the site. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to age?

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Estate jeweller will hold a higher value, but there's so many variables as providence, gold content, stones.

So a piece has a price tag of $1500.00. Now throw the tagline of From the estate of Lady X and it's what ever the market can bear.
Really nice looker though.
Yeah. It IS a nice looker. I think my wife would love it but I'm leery of buying it from an online auction. It's up around $400 right now so I am going to skip it.
thanks for the feedback.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. I understand. Not enough to go on.

I do know we have some jewelers on the site. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to age?
Yes some very good jewelers on site. If yhey are good they will not appraise without inspecting. They may throw out a price but I doubt a good jeweler would. BUT, an estimate of age you likely will get. And an accurate age to. Good luck with it and a nice looking piece.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah. It IS a nice looker. I think my wife would love it but I'm leery of buying it from an online auction. It's up around $400 right now so I am going to skip it.
thanks for the feedback.
Is there any details on the weight and what the K gold is?

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there any details on the weight and what the K gold is?
No. The diamond is jeweler tested 1/2 carat and described as lower clarity. The bracelet is described as white gold - jeweler tested - but no weight and the K isn't mentioned.

It is very nice looking and it was at $300 when I posted here. I bid $350 but whoever is winning the bid had a higher un-shown bid than that. It's at $400+ now. I am not comfortable at that price. And it will likely go higher. Oh, well. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's an Art Deco design-there's one from $550 on some collector jeweller site.
Giving weight and the gold and what the stone(s) are.
I personally would back off, and go with gut feeling it's usually telling ya what to do.
I rather pay more for a sure thing than a so-so value deal and end up with a tad of buyer's remorse.

OP
OP
Doubter in MD

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's an Art Deco design-there's one from $550 on some collector jeweller site.
Giving weight and the gold and what the stone(s) are.
I personally would back off, and go with gut feeling it's usually telling ya what to do.
I rather pay more for a sure thing than a so-so value deal and end up with a tad of buyer's remorse.
Agreed.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a good eye as that's a rare piece, only 10 are known to exist out of a total of 14. They were custom made as royalty gifts by Tiffany's for the Rockefeller estate. Where the missing 4 went is a mystery. Could be a forgery or could be one of the missing ones considering there is no documentation of it's provenance. Even a good forgery could fetch 5, even 6 figures.

Somone scored some swamp land in Florida for cheap on that auction!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not a high end piece. The stones are small and the gold work is kick press, not handwork or cast. It is attractive and probably late Art Deco manufacture.

I can't give you a current market value but I probably would have backed off like you above $350 if I were bidding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread