Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taco soup! made in the crock pot.:icon_thumright:

DSCN5785.JPG

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I can post the last non liquid dinner I had, was this past Sunday after a day at cabelas. had dinner at lone star steakhouse with wifey. yes I always take photos of my real food dinners..not sure why.

mine was bacon wrapped tenderloin, garlic mashed taters, steamed broccoli and grilled shrimp.
View attachment 1070593

wifey had the ribs, with a sweet potato and salad.
View attachment 1070594

They love Texas!
View attachment 1070595

if you want to see some cool pics, check out the cabelas pics..from the post I made about it.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-daily-snapshot/436990-day-cabelas-pic-heavy.html

Mike

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long John Silvers tonight.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seafood night again... Crabs, shrimp, crawfish, oysters and clams....

9a8c1808ce3f65d9bd0e77134771220a.jpg

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the smoker fired up at 0400 this morning. Putting on a brisket, which has been sitting for 2 days all rubbed up and ready. Injected right before I put it on. Around noon I will start the ribs. I got back ribs and some St. Louis-cut ribs. I make three kinds of sauce: One is a cola sauce, which is everyone's favorite. The other two are Kansas City style, and Texas Style. I make big batches and can them in quart mason jars.

BBQ is my other passion besides metal-detecting, fishing, hunting, drinking, and fornicating. :laughing9:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a feast right there.
Looks so good! We got in from detecting fairly late so we stopped by Jacks Barbecue,the absolute best and picked up a lb. of charred,smoky pulled pork,some vinegar based slaw and I had some leftover pinto beans and cornbread we put to good use. Halloween candy is for dessert, poor kids,lol!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Got the smoker fired up at 0400 this morning. Putting on a brisket, which has been sitting for 2 days all rubbed up and ready. Injected right before I put it on. Around noon I will start the ribs. I got back ribs and some St. Louis-cut ribs. I make three kinds of sauce: One is a cola sauce, which is everyone's favorite. The other two are Kansas City style, and Texas Style. I make big batches and can them in quart mason jars.

No teasing aloud unless you plan on taking some overnight shipment orders:evil5:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No teasing aloud unless you plan on taking some overnight shipment orders:evil5:

I'd love to host a "Tnet New England" BBQ sometime. Trouble is, this smoker is a pita to keep running for the hours it takes to do a brisket. With this smoker you cant really go more than 1 hour before checking the temp and adding wood or adjusting the damper or intake. Every half hour would be even better for a nice smooth consistent heat. It usually takes 1.5 hours per pound, so if you have a 7-8 pound brisket, well thats a ton of work. Lets not even get into ribs or chicken.

So I think next year I will build a better smoker. This one will be gas-fired and I will fit it with a PID-controlled thermostat that will maintain a consistent temp and I can leave it. Maybe then we can get together and dream up some event.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you soak your wood in water over night before putting it in the smoker?I worked in a BBQ joint years ago and thats how we smoked our stuff.Brisket,ribs,pork shoulders.good stuff.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you soak your wood in water over night before putting it in the smoker?

Typically, I do not use wet wood because it does not burn as hot and gives off copious amounts of smoke. In this smoker I made, I have to keep the fire up because its a reverse-flow design, and it loses heat quite well. This is a good thing, because instead of a fire jacking the smoker up to 500+ degrees F, it will max out at around 300 and from there its easy to keep it between 200 and 250 by adjusting the damper, amount of wood, and the air intake on the firebox.

Long answer for a short question, but its like one of those questions like, THing. Everyone does what works for them. The proof is when people rave about your bbq or you find yourself standing over a hole in the ground, scrutinizing the gold coin in your hand. The path is yours, and no matter how you get there, the end result is the prize.

When you are smoking meats, only the first couple hours of smoking is effective, and the rest of the time is used just for finishing the cooking process. I like to use very aged/seasoned red oak and maple, and I will occasionally throw some green alder on top of the coals for an extra spicy smoke taste. I'm never lucky enough to get any apple wood, but my uncle in Brattleboro has 30 apple trees that he doesnt keep groomed. I'm thinking a trip is in order.

Dang, I'm long-winded this morning! Sorry 'bout that! :laughing7:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
chicken tacos with home made everything. guacamole, salsa, chicken, etc. No fast food for me.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you soak your wood in water over night before putting it in the smoker?I worked in a BBQ joint years ago and thats how we smoked our stuff.Brisket,ribs,pork shoulders.good stuff.
We have an electric smoker Red and it has a well on the bottom for putting liquid in the bottom as well as wet wood wrapped in foil. My husband makes the best ribs. He flavors the water with a head of garlic,some lemons,a couple of brews,and only coats them with special sauce about 30 minutes before taking them off the smoker.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Im getting to the age where I can't remember what I had for supper last night, or the night before, or the night before. But I can tell you that it always looks about the same in the morning, right after my first cup of coffee! So, I guess it doesn't really matter what it started out as.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I too can claim an alimentary canal, I beg to differ. It does matter, what it started out as.

Tonight I'm preparing, Beef Noodle Soup.

There is no, one flavour, in BNS

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night we had fresh bluefish on the grill, seasoned with Emerils Essence.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread