What's the best Pulse Induction Metal Detector for the beach?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What your spending limit ? ? ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the best Pulse Induction Metal Detector for the beach?
Are you diving with it or wading? Keep in mind Florida has a lot of iron trash. You might give a thought on a good multi freq detector.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it depends on how big your targets are and how deep you are willing to dig.

Any discrimination desired?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even with discrimination, it is still going to find a lot of iron, why are you choosing pulse over multi-freq. A good Minelab multi-freq will find all the gold and silver jewelry you want and not have to deal with iron trash.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, a PI is next to none in a beach. I belive the Garrett ATX is still in your price range, there is a bunch of military machines in this price range, but check if they provide discrimination, not all do. If you need something cheaper, there is an assembled PCB available named NH-173, a copy of sniffer xr 71, a legendary PI from deep seeking realm but it would perform with 15cm coil with flying coloures, it has none discrimination, but for 60 EUR, you can't conplain. There is another PCB available on the same sit, NH-250, this is a copy of FelezJoo detector with suported discrimination, but you may have to make the discriminator work by yourselfe. The "magic numbers" of the sistem are way off, and you will have to adjust the coil at least. All in all i am a bit dissapointed with FelezJoo, and i do not reccomend it, but than again, for 40 EUR you cannot miss. Once you fix the discrimination it will work on the beach just fine. Then, there is a real king on the beach, in my oppinion, the Miner4, but it takes a skilled hand to be build from the schratch.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you have 2 disc machines already, 540 and the 800. So there must be a reason for wanting a PI.. can you explain the reason and what you think it can do for you?

I have the Minelab Excalibur and The Fisher "AQ"... my reasoning for a PI is ..I have "A few" areas that are almost trash free and I can dig all with a high chance of it being gold or silver. Other areas the Excalibur works for there is to much Iron and trash.

As far as what I would recommend, maybe the Fisher final version "AQ" ... if they decide to follow thru. Right now there is no reliable updates if it will be produced. I would not go for the Limited, good machine but battery life is to short.

I think the Garrett ATX would be the deepest thing out there but it also weights in as "Heavy" , Not many choices left for PI's. And for sure you don't want to be doing any kits, unless you have plenty of time.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites Dual Field; Tesoro Sand Shark. Both companies are out of business. Save yourself some hassle and get a Minelab Equinox, or wait for the new Nokta SMF.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites Dual Field; Tesoro Sand Shark. Both companies are out of business. Save yourself some hassle and get a Minelab Equinox, or wait for the new Nokta SMF.
He is asking for a .50 cal rifle, you are offering a .22 pistol.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He is asking for a .50 cal rifle, you are offering a .22 pistol.
Experienced beach hunters know you don't find many gold or silver targets past 12" or so in the wet saltwater sand. I hunted with a friend that brought his ".50 cal," the Minelab GPX 5000. He was digging hot wheels cars at 38" in the dry sand, and chunks of DEEP iron in the wet sand. Nope, no thank you. You do not need an elephant gun to hunt rabbits. :skullflag:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also buy an excal and hunt in reverse discrimination, I have dug targets over 18 inches hunting reverse discrimination and you don't dig iron unless you want to.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1500 is as high as I will go
In your price range, there isn't much available new. The Sea Hunter and some of the Aquascan units are the only ones I can think of that are actually available. If you're willing to get a used machine, I'd look for a White's TDI beach hunter, Tesoro Sand Shark, or a Garrett Infinium LS. You might even get lucky and find a JW Fishers detector or a Minelab GPX machine in that price range, but, don't count on it. Some of those listed are pretty heavy and not ergonomically designed which makes them awkward and ungainly on land. I'd recommend buying a used one from a local detecting store that will offer a guarantee of some sort. They may also offer tips on how to best use it too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread