Whats the Scoop? Fixin to get into water hunting.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the Scoop? Fixin to get into water hunting.

Off and on all day I've been looking at water hunting sand scoops. I see me getting into water hunting

Yep the cost of scoops is a shock.

I see the most accolades go to the Stealth 720i and 920i. And then there's the Russian connection, STAVR, which are significantly less expensive than the Stealth.

Apparently they've proven trustworthy.

But I'd really like to put this out there for input from users.

???

Let's go at it here :)

Upvote 0

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Stavr and T-Rex both have their devotees...they're both good ones for sure. I decided on the Stealth scoops however and have both the 720i and the 920iX...love them both. If you get either one of the Stealth scoops, you'll never have to buy another the rest of your beach hunting days...Chuck warrants them for life...no questions asked.

Just the view from my foxhole...

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
This was my first scoop. When I see it now sitting next to my Stealth 920 Extreme I laugh. I can't believe that even bought the first scoop except that it breaks down for traveling. I am so happy with my Stealth. That is the one for me. I also like that the handle that I believe is Ash floats when you let the handle go. What ever you choose you will never be sorry that you bought a large wide scoop. What I like about the Extreme is the small slots in the bottom. It has saved a lot of small stud earrings from falling through the holes. Happy hunting! prowater733travelbig.jpg

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I traded my RTG for a pump shotgun. That thing was like toting around a lead pipe. Indestructible - for sure - but it was a lead sled. These days I'm diggin' (with) my 790i hybrid. Sweet. [emoji12]

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did an article on scoops = will PM you link
one thing you should learn - go cheap and you get cheap

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I bought two stealth scoops. One with the wooden handle and later one with the carbon fiber handle. Much lighter with the carbon fiber handle. Buy the very best scoop you can afford. No point in detecting gold in the water and not being able to dig it up. It is a bad feeling to know you have a gold target in the surf only to scoop two or three times only to have the target sink deeper until you can no longer detect it and the waves continually backfill the hole you are digging. A quality scoop is worth every Penney spent and one good ring will more than pay for it. Any of the top of the line scoops already mentioned are very good. How much weight you can stand to carry in a scoop should be the deciding factor over price. You will never regret buying quality.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great responses here! Thanks everyone. Plenty stuff to think about budgeting for.

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
You trust a Russian. Putin is still KGB. Look what he's doing now to the Ukraine. We're too spread out to do anything about it. This is just what happened in the 1830's with hitler.

Support America. BUY AMERICAN ! ! !

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My only advise is get the biggest scoop you can afford.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
Lats
Stavr scoop - made in Ukraine.
my name is - Ruslan :laughing7:

Last edited:

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
flgliderpilot .
it's a fake...,
The original called Stavr scoop Krepish v.11

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a fake one time. It bent and broke within about 3 hunts. Shipping was going to cost more than I paid for scoop to have it warrantied.

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mount), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
Stavr scoops are good to deal with. I have a M9 on the way.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I have had my Babbs Stainless Steel Scoop for along time. Also i wear a Pair of Merrill Sandle's . they let the sand thru the foot and the shoe, tuff to get a small sea shell out between them some Babbs Scoop 1.JPG Babbs Scoop 4.JPG Merrells Sandal 3.jpg.JPG Merrells Sandals 2.jpg.JPG times The strap is attached to my Waist when I am in the water. The sandle's are Light weight and I have had them about 10 years

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mount), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
Received my Stavr M-9 today, Really great built and nice welds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread