Whats the significance of your selected profile name?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am an archeologist and my name is Deborah (Deb to almost everyone who knows me). I know the typical archaeologist is not particularly popular on places like this so I thought I would be upfront with you. Besides, I have never been what you might call "typical".

GMD52, You aren't much older than I am. I guess I can play Granny to your Grandpa here -- I was born in 56. (And yeah, I know the photo looks a lot younger -- and is. It's 5 years old because I hate having my picture taken. I was 52 in that one.
There are many really cool profile names on the site like Signumops, Ropesfish and ECS to name a few.

I'll start it off SADS 669 is my British Military sub aqua diving supervisor number not very inventive but it will dodde0a

Looking forward to hearing about some of the unusual ones out there?
Mine is a combo since I spend most my time is spent MDing and field archaeology where my eyes are the most important tool I employ-finding old stuff is a good start…, right?

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many really cool profile names on the site like Signumops, Ropesfish and ECS to name a few.

I'll start it off SADS 669 is my British Military sub aqua diving supervisor number not very inventive but it will dodde0a

Looking forward to hearing about some of the unusual ones out there?

Older Saturday Night Live skit that never aired - Old Prospector, Will Ferrell (...invading Afghanistan.)
when I served in AFG, the younger Special Forces studs I worked for nicknamed me 'Old Prospector' because I was often times dreaming about fossicking around the local hills.
Airborne1092? I attended US Army Infantry Airborne School in October of 1992.

Dig Dude

Greenie
Jun 9, 2022
South California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting names all around!

Mine comes from the fact that people would frequently call me "dude" throughout my childhood combined with the fact I like to dig. Nothing really original but I thought it was a cool alliteration.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My avatar is my best dog buddy, now deceased. His name was Arthur. When my oldest granddaughter first saw him she said, "Arthur? He look more like and 'Arfer' to me!" His nickname eventually morphed into "ArfieBoy!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread