Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity, how many of you Sovereign GT (or any Sovereign) owners still have your machine deployed for regular duty in the treasure fields today? Or how many have somewhat retired it with the fear of something going wrong and not being able to replace or repair?
My own GT has been sidelined a couple of years or more (due to my using another machine predominately) but will be placed back in duty this winter. Just found and bought a new 8" Tornado coil last week.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good question. My GT is still used on the beach almost every time I go. I watched a Sovereign GT video where the guy goes through the notching and he turned it up to notch out aluminum and you could still hear the gold ring he was running past the coil. Great detector.

OP
OP
Tired Rooster

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess very few still being used any longer. Understandable, due to it no longer being in production and seemed to always be a machine that was either absolutely loved or absolutely hated. Plus the technology and target info supplied by the newer Minelabs is so impressive. They are still great machines though that can hold their own with any of them if time is taken to learn it's language.

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have mine and gets regular use.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Would like to buy one

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have mine and gets regular use.

My Sovereign finds from this month.

Aug gold.jpg

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use mine regularly when land searching..I have an Older Sovereign XS with SunRay meter 8 & 10 inch coil..Still find a good amount of deep coins w/it..Found these while searching same area w 2 other friends ..using Etrac & CTX & I outsilvered them..

Attachments

• IMG_5028.JPG
    IMG_5028.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5029.JPG
    IMG_5029.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice amount of the silver , do you get a high tone for dimes---- I surely do on my Safari--- found twenty-one dimes two days ago. It loves dimes to sing in my ear. HH

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an XS and an Elite that are used regularly, the Elite being my main go to detector 98% of the time. I love them and don't want them to ever die... BBS forever! I did get one of those new things that all the cool kids are using these days but haven't taken it out of the box yet, I'm just not ready.:sad10:

BanditsRoost

Nov 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold mine and have regretted it ever since. I have the etrac, 3030, ATS pro and an Explorere II....I miss my GT and would trade the Explorere II for one in a heart beat. So if you have one excess to your needs or don't use it anymore, let me know. Please...

moreb

Nov 15, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
F75
Minelab Sovereign GT
Troy Shadow X5
Fisher 1266X
Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sold mine and have regretted it ever since. I have the etrac, 3030, ATS pro and an Explorere II....I miss my GT and would trade the Explorere II for one in a heart beat. So if you have one excess to your needs or don't use it anymore, let me know. Please...

I have a Sovereign GT for sale PM me.

Keith

wizerdgreg

Sep 9, 2014
I love my Sovereign... use it all the time.!! I also have the Minelab XT18000.!! Three separate frequencies,6.4. 20. And 64 .. yep, it does very well on Gold.!!

CW3

Greenie
Nov 21, 2016
Traverse City,Mi
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, ETRAC, Excaliber II (2), Soverign GT, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Picked up a GT last August mint condition for $300.00 he bought it just before the Excalibur came out. With the Excalibur being waterproof he got one of those and let the Gt sit.

I detect very slow compared to others, looking for the very deep stuff and love the GT. I have a CTX and Excalibur II along with the Gt, all my detectors see regular usage or I get rid of what I do not use.

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is the only detector i use, like the iron null sound

stillair1

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2019
UK Essex
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX
Garrett 400i
Nox 600, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I've got a GT coming in the post. I'm going to be in the dog house again.:laughing7:

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been using and learning the equinox 800 all summer on 200+ acres of virgin ground which , let’s just say held many items of value and historical significance. The main thing I’ve learned is that machine will never totally replace my Sovereign. No way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread