Re: What's the use

hey take it easy dont stop.from central valley plenty of places to go

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006

I'd like someplace close to me so i can practice anytime till I get really good at understanding my finder. Then maybe upgrade

S

sendin

Even county parks? Schools? City parks? Playgrounds? We can do the state beaches up in No Cal, no problem.

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006

Scholls won't let you around here, county/stsate parks won't, at least haven't found one yet, nope, pretty slim pickins around here, some virgin territory in so many places if they would only consent. What a blast it wold be. On the flip side the palce I reside used to be used by the army in the 30-40's and there are still some..rather nasty things burried , most has been cleared, but there's got to be more.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Calworks,

All the beaches in SoCal are detectable. I know people who detect every beach from Mexico to Ventura. What city do you live in? Also, you should find a metal detecting group in your area. They would know every good place to go.

Best,

Mike

S

stefen

Gollum...you beat me to it.

By the way, your avatar drives me nuts (up to my throat) ;D

S

sendin

Yeah, that avatar is sickening; like a cross between Clockwork Orange and a speech by Gloria Steinem!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Cal Works,

sorry hearing of your troubles. :'( :'(
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

What type of detector and how much you asking? ;)
Old buddy. ;)

;D

have a good un............

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sendin said:
Yeah, that avatar is sickening; like a cross between Clockwork Orange and a speech by Gloria Steinem!

"I'm singin in the rain,

just singin in the rain,

what a glorious feeling,

I'm........slap happy again.

I'm laughing at clouds.

So dark up above

The suns in my heart,

and I'm reeeeeeady for love!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think I already explained somewhere else, that the day I did that avatar, I had just gotten back from the DMV, and that's how I felt!

Best,

Mike

S

stefen

Gollum,

Read my comment very carefully...omit the parentheses ;D

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't worry, I got it the first time. Verrrrrrry cute!

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always! You too!

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
C

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006

Did a search engine for groups in my neck of the woods , but came up empty. I live on the central coast near Lompoc

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006

gollum said:
sendin said:

"I'm singin in the rain,

just singin in the rain,

what a glorious feeling,

I'm........slap happy again.

I'm laughing at clouds.

So dark up above

The suns in my heart,

and I'm reeeeeeady for love!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think I already explained somewhere else, that the day I did that avatar, I had just gotten back from the DMV, and that's how I felt!

Best,

Mike

Well, well, well, me little droogie! Well, well, well, well, well! Having a little much of the Moloko Plus? Maybe Moloko plus Velocet? Makes one really ready for the old ultra-violence!

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006

Calworks said:
Seems the whole state of CA is covered by some form of protection. Can't MD on this or that beach, this place or that. Think I'll jsut retiure or sell the MD in a garage sale and call it quits. Most of the posters are east of the Sierras it seems to me.

I have no problem on the beaches, or the city parks. Private property is always okay, assuming you have the landowner's permission. And I've not been bothered at the local schools, either, as long as I don't climb any fences and stay on their front lawn areas. Don't know about county parks yet, although I do know state parks are indeed off limits. But it's not as bad as you seem to feel.

daydreamer

Dec 22, 2005
CHICO- Northern California
Detector(s) used
anything handy

Why not cruise down to Gaviota, Refugio, or El Capitan ? The beaches see a lot of people. I also heard of a pair of cannons being recovered from shallow water near Santa Barbara, they now sit on a lawn overlooking the City College. I bet Gaviota would be good in winter when the sand goes out to sea, keep your eyes open, the place was over run with rattlers, even on the beach last time I was there.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006

daydreamer said:
Why not cruise down to Gaviota, Refugio, or El Capitan ? The beaches see a lot of people. I also heard of a pair of cannons being recovered from shallow water near Santa Barbara, they now sit on a lawn overlooking the City College. I bet Gaviota would be good in winter when the sand goes out to sea, keep your eyes open, the place was over run with rattlers, even on the beach last time I was there.

Since those are state beaches, it might be questionable. Ask a ranger when you enter the park -- better to be told "no" than to have your equipment confiscated. (BTW, you can find a lot of neat things there even without equipment. I've camped at all three. And the wife and I find Refugio to be a great "rest stop" when driving up or down the coast!)

T

TreasureTales

sendin said:
We can do the state beaches up in No Cal, no problem.
That ain't entirely so. You must ask first, to be safe. I've known people who had their detectors confiscated from Muir Beach in Marin County. Always best to check first, rather than be sorry later.

Calworks, have you tried the yards of friends and family? How about bark boxes in city parks and schools? It's not impossible to find places to use your detector, it just depends on what you want to find. If you want to find Indian battle sites or Spanish mission stuff, you will be in heaps of trouble.

If you give up this easily, I doubt that metal detecting would be your thing anyhow. This is a hobby that takes lots of work, research, and patience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions